Saturday, January 11, 2020

Too Loud

So while I was up at my Dad's....
I apparently missed some drama between my roommates at home.

As I have this one roomie who is just....noisy.
You can literally track her entire path throughout the house when she's home because she stomps around upstairs, slams doors and clinks dishes and bangs on things like she's having a temper tantrum and is super angry--when she's not--I don't think she is--she just closes things forcefully.

And this roomie often has the habit of staying up until one or two am in the morning (unless it's a night when we're trying to hold a party that goes until like midnight and suddenly she's wanting to be in bed at 10pm and 'can we keep it down please?')

Well apparently, my roomie who has her bedroom below this roommate.
Has been having problems for the past couple of weeks in getting rest because the roomie above her head is stomping and pounding around in her room until 1 or 2 am.

So.
While I was gone, my roomie below the noisy one had had enough.
And went up to her to ask her if she could be more quiet at night because she can't sleep.

And per usual roomie actions. Noisy roomie doesn't take responsbility for her actions instead trying to focus the issue on my roommate. "You could buy a white noise generator." "You could get some ear plugs." "I'm not that noisy." \

After all, it's never her fault if things aren't sailing smoothly. It's always our fault.

And it does get rather irritating because we always have to bend to her whims and help her out but if we ever try to request accommodations in return it's "oh I can't help, you need to this and this and you you you you" never me. 

And my landlord/roomie who lives with us was like "Well maybe we should start having a 'no shoes on in the house' rule. 
Because I have mentioned that having people clipclopping around upstairs in their shoes/boots can get on my nerves if it happens longer than like two minutes over my head. 

And predictably noisy roomie didn't like that.
Because she's complained before about how we keep the state of the house --which yes we don't dust everything to perfection or sweep the floors every two seconds. But it's not like there's food growing mold in the sink of anything. The place has a lived in feel. 

But she was like "I don't want to go walking around barefoot on these filthy floors!" 

Like...harsh?
It's hard wood floors.
The only filth that gaters on them is what is tracked in from outside on people's shoes so like....get rid of the shoes and half the problem disappears.

But nope. She was on a rampage. The floors are filthy and the counters are filthy --because oh no there's some crumbs here and there ahhh the horror we're all gonna die0 *rolls eyes* 

But basically it was an attack against me because I volunteered to be the one in charge of sweeping and keeping the counters clear. 
But it's not like a task I feel the need to do every day though I know she expects it done everyday.

In any case. 
Roomie didn't like the idea of no shoes on in the house.
But like you don't have to be barefoot. There's these things called socks or even slippers you can wear???

-Though with how she walks her slippers are just as loud as boots some days.

But yah.
That went down basically the day I came back.

And I don't know if a resolution was reached at all with it.
Knowing this roomie there wasn't. 
And my other roomies are all frustrated with it because we feel like we have to walk around on eggshells with her and she never actively tries to help us out in return So yah.

It's not fun.

But she's been rather quiet today. 

As I got home from work and complained about a migraine so went into my room to crash.

And noisy roommate came home a while later and was banging and stomping around over my head like she usually does --though I did wake up before she got home so it thankfully didn't wake me up.

But one of my other roomies went upstairs to tell her to be more quiet because I was sleeping.

And noisy roommate just huffed and rolled her eyes and vanished into her room. 
But like bright side is that I haven't heard her upstairs for like the entire evening so that's good that if she has ventured out of her room she isn't stomping about.

Maybe we'll have to keep it up and have her realize just how noisy she can be.

Almost I'm tempted to bring her down into my room as my room is right below the kitchen where she's the noisest and have her listen to me acting like her so she can realize how loud she is....

I'd have to clean my room first though.
Pretty sure she'd have a conniption seeing it messy like it is currently.

In any case....
I am definitely looking forward to when she moves out.
I feel like it will be a lot less stress on the rest of us when she does. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment