Thursday, December 10, 2020

Exchanging Money

 So I have a friend that lives across the country from me. 

Which is unfortunate because like....I want to hang out with them sooooo badly.

But being like an airplane ride away in the middle of a pandemic...makes it rather difficult to just 'drop by.'

*exhales*

In any case.

We usually exchange Christmas Gifts every year.

But this year I was concerned as my friend is traveling to see the in-laws for Christmas and I wasn't sure if my gift to them would arrive in time when I ordered it.

So I suggested that maybe this year I would send them like an amazon giftcard instead. That way they could get something they needed, and I wouldn't have to worry about the gift not showing up on time.

Lol and my friend was like "well, if you send me a gift card then I'm gonna send you a gift card too!" 

Which evensies I suppose. 

I was fine with that. Though I had no idea what I would want to get myself off of Amazon.

Mostly because I don't know yet which gifts from there my family got me lol.

However.

Early this morning my friend texted me and was like "Hey...if we're just basically sending each other money....why don't we just set a price range and then just go buy something for ourselves." 

Lol which yah...the logic there makes sense. If I'm sending them $$ and they're sending me $$ we might as well just 'pretend' we sent each other the money and then go spend our own cash on gifts since we would have used that cash to send to each other anyways.

....I'm talking myself into confusion but it makes sense i promise.

However I was like.....Huh. What should I buy myself then?

Because again, I don't know what all my family got me.

BUT! With just sending 'money' to each other instead of an amazon gift card that opened up my horizons to more than just the amazon store.

And I was like....well I did buy this one thing for myself that falls in this price range. I already got it but I can pretend I got them from my friend.

But it just didn't feel right because I'd bought them before we agreed to spend money on ourselves. lol. 

Soooo it's taken me most of the day to consider it.

But I'm gonna go buy myself some fish tomorrow at work.

Because I know that's something people won't get me. XD lol. I mean they could get me a giftcard to the pet store, but they wouldn't get me the live fish itself. So yah. I'm gonna see what fish come in in our shipment and then buy five or six fish within the budget range we set each other. ^^;;

I'm looking forward to it. :D I can't wait to see the fish my friend got me!! XD lol

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves. 
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment