Thursday, December 24, 2020

Family Traditions

I didn't think I was gonna meet up with my family tonight.

As my sister had originally invited me to come spend the night with her and her family for Christmas Eve. 

But then our brother was like "Hey, anyone want to do dinner and watch our traditional Christmas movie."

And I was like "Nooo Brother!!!" 

As I love watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas as our yearly tradition and Meralto and I tend to be more energetic than Kikay about it and I wanted to watch the movie with him and his wife, but I had already made plans with Kikay's family....

But then things ended up getting switched around with Kikay's family as other plans they had had gotten moved up...leaving us both available to head up north to hang with the family.

Which is what we did tonight.

Though with the timing of things...I ended up having to dash straight from work up north to make it to dinner in time with everyone.

But ah.

It was nice to get together for a few hours.

To have Dinner -Takeout from Texas Roadhouse- hang out and chat and then watch our Grinch movie.

It was nice.

And I'm grateful that we were able to work things out to get together again this year considering everything that has happened. 

Plus, I was able to go back to Kikay's place afterwards and spend a couple of hours there with her, her husband and her kids lol.

Me and the kids had a great time playing with the little felt figures of the shepherds, wisemen, various animals, and of course Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus, making up our own little stories while Kikay and her Husband tracked down a bible to read the story from lol. 

It was a wonderful way to spend Christmas Eve. 

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment