Thursday, December 31, 2020

Goodbye 2020

It's been a rather mellow end of 2020 for me.

Due to working so long last night, I was able to sleep in today and only go into work for three hours.

And thankfully work was pretty much dead. 

Not odd for a Thursday, but slightly odd for a Holiday.

Though it's always hard to predict which holidays are gonna get crazy and which ones won't...thankfully I was right in thinking I wouldn't be as needed today when I decided to work a shorter shift.

As it stayed pretty slow and there was plenty of coverage.

But just because it was slow at my store doesn't mean it was slow elsewhere.

As I ventured over to Barnes and Noble to check out the books there on a whim...and wow that place was busy.

It felt like there had to be 30-50 people in the store.

Which when I'm used to there being like maybe a dozen people in a book store....it was rather intimidating to have so many individuals around me. 

Even the workers at the store were surprised at how busy they were. 

I ended up not getting anything.

And spent the evening at home with my roomies watching the new Pixar Soul movie (amazing) and Into the Spiderverse.

And then we rang out the New Year together. lol Shouting Jumanji into the darkness as fireworks rang out among us in hopes that the crazy this year has brought us will end and that 2021 will bring a more mellow year.

Only time will tell.

But i'm grateful it wasn't a crazy day today. That it was relaxed. 

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment