Tuesday, December 1, 2020

In the Mouth

-_- Soo. I have this Goldfish. One of those run of the mill comet goldfish.

Though since he's pure white...he's not actually that 'gold' of a goldfish lol. But he's basically the largest fish in my tank. 

And being the largest fish means he has the largest mouth.

Which means on occasion...-_- he somehow manages to eat things he shouldn't be eating.

Like other fish.

*exhales*

I walked by my fish tank tonight and noticed he had something sticking out of his mouth.

Which, I've caught this particular goldfish trying to eat dead fish that were too big for it's mouth and got stuck. 

But alive fish?

*exhales*

For the second time this goldfish somehow managed to get one of my peppered cory catfish in his mouth. Gah. 

I honestly think that it's probably by accident. Like the catfish is just chilling on the bottom of the tank and the goldfish comes by picking up rocks like he usually does and accidentally picks up the goldfish instead.

Still! It was a tense couple of minutes where I had to catch the stubborn goldfish and then attempt to extract the catfish from his mouth.

It was made even more difficult because the fins on the catfish are rather pointy and sharp.

To the point where one of them had stabbed through the fish's mouth. So I basically had to find a way to unhook the catfish from the goldfish's mouth without harming the goldfish...well harming him further than he'd already been harmed.

I did managed to eventually get the catfish out...surprisingly it was still alive. If only barely. I don't expect it to recover from the shock of getting eaten and then getting pulled back out.... *exhales* But I did what I could. 

The goldfish also appears to be fine. Mouth is a bit red from irritation and closes a little funny after who knows how long the catfish was stuck there. But yah...

-_- Gah. Dear goldfish. Stop eating my fish! 

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment