Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Stocking Shopping

 So. In my typical fashion...I've gone completely overboard on getting presents for my family.

Which honestly is only to be expected after I decided to take on doing the stockings for everyone.

Otherwise I probably would have been good and just got like 2 gifts per person and stayed within my budget. Ha.

But yah. I decided to take on the stockings for the family because I wanted them to be like a 'treat' of sorts. Where they're filled with fun things that apply to each person. 

And since I'm not usually fully concerned about money....since I do know how to budget even if I don't fully follow it....I figured since the rest of my family is rather money conscious at the moment.

That the best way to give them good stockings was to just get them stockings of stuff. XD lol.

Have I spent like 4x as much money as I expected to spend this year?

Yes. Yes I have.

But hopefully it's worth it on Christmas day when the family gets to see their stockings. ^^;; 

Though I am thinking next year I may just switch to doing 'stocking gifts' where I focus fully on giving all their gifts within the stocking...and not anything else. 

Maybe I'll be able to stick to my planned budget easier next year. XD lol.

In any case.

Yesterday I went stocking shopping.

Basically looking for things that weren't too expensive but could fit inside the stocking and looked nice. 

And there were THREE times I stopped to look at things and then decided against getting them.

one was a specific type of chooclate. As I kept thinking that someone liked them but I couldn't think who liked them.

two was some essential oils. But I was like "Nah, I got those last year for people they don't want more this year."

three was school supplies. I went down that aisle on a whim because I was curious to see if there was anything 'cool' down there. But didn't end up getting anything.

And of course, while I'm shopping about I'm texting my family asking them questions and such though not in regards to those three things. 

And in typical family texting relations....most of them take forever to answer back.

*exhales*

And like...I buy all the things. I get home.

And then I get answers back. And lo and behold....those three things where I was like? "Nah, I don't need to get those?"

Yah...people actually want those. >_< 

So me being the people pleaser I am and needing a couple more things for stockings anyways....I'm gonna have to head back to the store sometime to pick up those extras lol. 

Hopefully people like their stockings....as I'm kinda excited for them.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves. 
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment