Thursday, December 17, 2020

Late

 It happens to me like...once or twice a year.

Where I end up late to work.

Mostly due to alarms not being set right or me reading my schedule wrong. 

But thankfully it's not a common occurence.

Even though I don't like it when it does happen.

Which it did today.

Though honestly I'm not surprised I was late to work considering everything.

As I had been awake off and on throughout the night due to my migraine. As the stupid thing refused to go away despite the shower and the heatpacks and the listening to music to distract myself so I could fall asleep.

No I would wake up because my muscles were aching, or my mouth was too dry, or my brain decided it needed to tell me a brand new story idea and work it out right then.

So I was tired. 

Very tired.

And I'm guessing that the music I was listening too...blended in with my alarm music.

As I do remember waking up to my 6:25am alarm.

Which should have been a sign because I have an alarm set for 6:20am as well to just like...gradually wake myself up.

But if I didn't hear the first one. And the second one was going off....that probably means the first one wouldn't go off again if I missed it.

However. I was certain that I had hit snooze on my 6:25 alarm and rolled back over expecting to hear my 6:20 alarm go off at 6:30 and I would get up and get ready for work then.

....

It didn't go off.

If my 6:25 alarm went off again ten minutes later....I didn't hear it. I didn't hear anything until 7:34 when my fellow manager called me asking if I was okay because I was supposed to have been into work at 7 this morning.

*exhales*

Yah I was fine---mostly---still had the migraine and I was tired....but I was fine. 

So yah. I ended up being an hour late to work.

Which in the grand scheme of things didn't stress me out too much. I know my job well enough and the fact that I've had to work on 'short hours' during the pandemic before didn't have me too worried about getting my tasks accomplished.

No. I figure that 'things happen for a reason' and there was a reason why I needed to be an hour late to work today. I'm guessing I avoided an accident or maybe going to work later helped my migraine to not be as bad. Who knows. 

In any case. I was late. 

Which seemed to be the trend of the day as our groomer of the morning was late as well because they thought they worked an hour later than they were scheduled. 

But yah.

Overall the day went well (once I got my migraine mostly under control) and I was trying to figure out how to make up the hour of time that I had lost.

Like the easiest way would have been to stay an extra hour...but with a migraine it's not a good idea to stay late.

Then. 1:30pm happened.

Or probably like 1:20pm happened? It was around 1:30 anyways.

Where suddenly everyone needed my help.

I had five different customers need my help at the same time. three of them were at the small pets where one couple wanted to get a guinea pig, and a parent/child duo wanted to have more information on chinchillas and what cages they needed, and a grandmother wanted to get a hamster for her grandchild for christmas.

Then I also had another parent/child duo wanting to get a bearded dragon as well as another couple needing help grabbing fish at the fish wall.

And it was like a constant "I'll help you as soon as I can but there's two customers in front of you" situation and it was like AHHHHH.

because before that point the store had been dead in my department. One customer needing help at a time.

So to suddenly get swarmed with people needing my help at the exact time frame where my relief was supposed to be coming in so I could get a lunch....was super annoying. XP

And like it was nearly 2pm before I finally was freed from all the customers.

And I was off at 3:30 today. 

My managers gave me the option of either going on lunch now....or clocking out half an hour early.

Originally I chose the half hour early because yay early and it was only an hour away.

But then I was like "wait....I was an hour late to work today...."

So I ended up not taking a lunch -though i did duck back into the breakroom so I could eat something real quick before I died of hunger- and managed to shave off half an hour of my hour absence lol.

So now I'm only half an hour short in my hours. Which considering I clocked out fifteen minutes late earlier this week...means that there's really only a 15 minute difference in my time and it's not that much time at all.

SO yah. 

Fun times.

Glad to get home XD lol

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment