Monday, January 24, 2011

Go the Distance

Go the Distance -Hercules

I have often dreamed
Of a far off place
Where a great warm welcome
Will be waiting for me.


Where the crowds will cheer
When they see my face
And a voice keeps saying
This is where I'm meant to be


I will find my way
I can go the distance
I'll be there someday
If I can be strong


I know every mile
Will be worth my while
I will go most anywhere
To feel like I...belong.


I am on my way
I can go the distance
I don't care how far
Somehow I"ll be strong


I know every mile
Will be worth my while
I will go most anywhere
To feel like I belong


I will beat the odds
I can go the distance
I will face the world
Fearless, proud and strong


I will please the gods
I can go the distance
Till I find my hero's welcome
Right where I belong

This song came into my head last night as I was racking my brain to figure out a way to talk about Institute without sounding high and mighty.
And I think this song applies to what I was trying to get across before I got waaaay to prideful.


I have often dreamed
of a far off place
where a great warm welcome
will be waiting for me.
Where the crowds will cheer
When they see my face
And a voice keeps saying
this is where I"m meant to be.


I feel...like I get that warm welcome in institute.
Crowds don't really cheer when I show up. But I meet people within the halls of the institute building
who smile when they see me. Who take the time to say hello and just make me feel welcomed.
And the feeling I get when I'm stepping inside those boundaries.
Its an unruffled relaxed peaceful feeling.
Where I have to work really really hard to destroy it with stress.
Even if I am stressed...
I find myself feeling like I can go the distance.
I can do anything as long as I remember that God is willing to help me out if I just ask.


I feel like I do much better in my school classes when I have an institute class (or three...but then again..I really just like the feeling there) to balance things out.
I find myself going to the institute to study for school quizzes/tests/assignments, even if its out of my way and I end up walking around campus alot. But even with alot to do. Everything seems to work out and I end up doing well in what I set out to do.


I will go most anywhere to feel like I belong.
And that feeling of belonging.
Is rather strong in Institute. :)


With Institute in my life
I don't care how far I have to travel
Or what I go through to get to classes on time.
Because I know I belong with institute.
I know that I can receive guidance and help while I'm within those walls.
And without those specialized teachings...
I think my life would be more difficult then it is right now.


So to beat the odds and fearlessly move forward in life.
I hold close to my Savior
And make institute a priority in my life
First and foremost even if I have worldly stresses getting me down.
Because I'm looking for that hero's welcome in the millennium
But until then. I go to institute to get a general idea of that welcome.
To keep my spiritual armor strong.
So that I can fearlessly with my head lifted high face whatever the world decides to throw my way.
And, also...in institute I really just feel like I belong.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi 

The Dream


We were learning how to store food in the woods.
Apparently in this piled wall of wood there were wood wicker basket type things
That you would have to uncover and put the food in, then cover back up just right.


Then at school....we were learning about Anatomy...and doing a lab...but it didn't deal with Anatomy. It was more of a physics class.
I was experimenting with a set of keys.
And having finished doing whatever with the keys...I went into the next classroom over, that was doing the same thing. (because everyone was still busy in my room)
To grab something else. So I switched for a metal wind chime for the keys...
Only they were my actual keys...not the experiment keys.
So I left them as collateral with that group and returned to the classroom to get the keys.
I don't know if I found those keys...but I returned to the classroom.....to find it empty.
(I was delayed in my own classroom because the teacher had us stop everything in order to show us an experiment.)
Apparently the classroom I was trying to get the keys too ended up doing the same thing, because the classroom was dark an empty. But from another door in the classroom came a blue flash...then everyone came out.
But the girls when I found them...didn't have my keys! They had let somebody else borrow my keys for the experiment (which was silly because the results would have been off.)


****shift in perspective.


I'm...an agent of sorts. Sent to retrieve a stolen item
(I'm wearing black, tall muscular...for some reason I think of like a 'dark knight' character...but not the mask)
I confront the perpetrator at his desk.
(fat kid...red hair....kind of like the guy who became Titan in the movie Megamind.)
He gives me a smirk.
And we 'trade' for my keys. but I only get a small key chain in return. >.<
This makes me angry so I grab the boy by the collar of his shirt and demand the keys.
He refuses.
So I go through his desk and find a bunch of my keys. Along with alot of others. One of Apt 415's keys, among my car key, mail key, house key etc. Alot of keys and I took them so he couldnt' have them, but so I could.


****
We return to the forest where the wall of wood logs (that stores food) resides. Moiraine and Lan...(people from the wheel of time books) are there. Lan...is the man who took the keys from the "geeky titan dude" only he doesn't remember who he is. But he needs to go by a code name and Moiraine  doesn't want him to know his/my actual name. In normal circumstances I would have gone by the name Blaize as my code name, but that might spark a memory as well...and Moiraine doesn't want Lan to remember his actual name. So she calls him Glen.
Why does she not want him to know his actual name?
Well...apparently she's setting him up to do some great deed...
but before I could figure out what it was...


Then the unearthly tones of daylight pulled me away....
And I became myself again.


Outside Information and Known for Sure
I'm actually clueless to why I would be dreaming about things.
Anatomy...is a given since its sucking my life away right now.
But my keys? I guess I"m worried about loosing them.
Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan is my favorite book series...but this is a first that I've dreamt of characters from the books...when I'm not reading the books currently.
Maybe I'm just looking for somebody 'tall dark and handsome' lol. Who knows. ;)


And that
Is why the fox never came home :)


-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment