Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happily Ever After

There is one think that kind of bugs me about Disney Movies...
The guys are basically there to be looked at.
They're cardboard. No desires except to get the girl.
The only movie offhand that I can think of, where you get more of a personality from the guy
Is Aladdin,
I think that might be the reason why for the longest time Aladdin was my favorite movie.
Because you didn't get some sappy princess story about a girl sighing after her true love.
They randomly meet....he falls for her rather quickly...like most movies.
But you get more of the guy's personality in the movie. :)
They're just not some handsome statue coming to rescue the girl at the opportune moment.
Perhaps that is why I like Beauty and the Beast as well. :)
The Beast...even though i don't like how he looks in human form...
seems to have more thoughts in his head. Personality and such then "Kiss the Girl."
Maybe The Little Mermaid is that way as well....with Prince Eric....who knows.

hmmmm >.< I don't think I really have much of an argument here....
I guess I'm thinking more of the typical Disney movies.
Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty in particular because their princes...
are just there. lol.
No background on them....just them showing up to save the girl.

*shrugs*
I think I've just managed to confuse myself on why I didn't like the princes in Disney Movies...
lol. Oh well. I'll figure it out eventually :)
After the prince slays the dragon and such. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment