Friday, January 28, 2011

Why am I not a Leader?

Today in Institute they got a new co-chair to lead my committee.
(they like to have a guy and girl head the committee and we lost the guy so we got a new one.)

And I just had to shake my head and laugh.
Because he had no idea what he was doing....

And I've been on the committee for....4 semesters now...
So I have a really great idea for what's going on.
At least in....part of the committee.
Since I'm just a member I don't have to go to all the different meetings or actually design the posters and fliers that go up around the institute and in the classrooms.

But I do wonder...how come, since I have such a great knowledge of the inner workings of at least the 'physical running around part' 
Why....have I not been called to be the head co chair?

Well....it boils down to one thing.

Patience.

1) I really don't like meetings. I find them rather pointless and irritating because people tend to dither and fluctuate in they're decisions way to much and continuously go over the same points again and again and again as if we didn't already know everything!
Heh ^^;;; sorry....that was me being prideful there... >.>
I tend to pick up on things quicker then other people....
So I really need to learn how to work with people who run on a different wavelength of energy then me.

But still I really don't like meetings. I am very happy to just pick up the papers have the leader point me in a direction and Off I go!! Vaaarrrooooooommmm!!!
I like having others decide the little details.
I am very happy just going around the institute switching things out and updating other things. :)

Plus....point two....I tend to be a bit greedy/untrusting.
I know myself best. And its hard for me in many cases to not volunteer to do everything when I'm assigned to a 'group' project. Especially if the others seem a bit.....directionless....
I want the good grade. To get everything done.
So...I usually am a loner....just because there's a limit on my 'I trust you to get this done' factor when my impression of you makes you seem a bit.....flimsy?
(Yes being prideful again. I admit it....but these are reasons why I am not a leader. ;) lol)

Sooo I content myself with being a follower. not a leader....unless I can see that there won't be a leader....then I tend to take things into my own hands and tell everyone else what to do.....

So yah.
Patience.
When it comes to getting things done and completed....
I have very little of it when it involves more then myself. :(
I'd have a hard time...actually giving out assignments and not taking full control of everything.

And that...is why I am not a leader.
;)
...at least in the institute. :D lol.

Patience......

Besides I might be just one of the (experienced...continuous) committee members for the express purpose to help keep the co-chair's heads above water. :) Its always helpful if somebody knows what's going on.....but it could hold you back from getting creative as well because the 'oldesters' like me would complain. "This is how we've always done it!" And that could get....rather bothersome.
*note to self*

More Patience
Be Open to new Ideas. ;) lol.

Still....there is probably a reason why....I am where I am. :)
We'll see if I ever discover that reason haha :)


Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

Involved a car, a pile of stuffed animals and other objects in one of the seats (I think it was a van...SUV type situation in the middle row of seats by the door) One object. A 'stressreliever' squishy ball shaped like a basketball ended up falling to the ground. And I couldn't find it. And I was concerned...yet not concerned that I couldn't find it.

There was more to the dream before and after that sequence
But the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
And I became myself again.

By being startled into wakefulness by the sudden blaring of my alarm clock the dream flittered away from my thoughts. It took some effort to recall that small bit.
:( which is sad....because I know it was an epic dream. :( :( :(

Known for Sure and Outside Information.
I received the orange basketball stress reliever ball in a school shopping cart parade that was put on for Homecoming week a couple of days ago.
And surprisingly enough it was like an actual parade...only with shopping carts. :D lol they passed out candy and random toys and everything! It was cool...though I only saw the end of it. :(
Still I got the Basketball :D

And that
Is why the fox never came home :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment