Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Three Seconds

Names.

I do really good remembering them when I want to...

Until a person shows up where I'm not expecting them to show up...like in the hallway when you're on your way to class.

You never have more then like a second to remember their name if they spot you first.
If you spot them first you have more time to remember their name and say it to them.
But if they say Hi -name- first...unless you've trained yourself to remember, or to expect to see that person there...the return name might be delayed.

For me, it seems to take three seconds to remember a person's name after they've said hi to me.
(That is, if I know their name, if I don't know their name at all...then I'm just stuck with saying "Hi how are you?")
So they say Hi Sarnic!
And I automatically say Hi back...but most of the time I can't put a name out of my mouth until they've already passed me and we continue on our different ways.

I feel bad afterwards...not as bad as I feel when people remember my name and I don't remember theirs.
But still, my name trigger needs to be put into practice so that I can be quicker off the ball saying "Hi Soandso" back. :) Or I need to learn to look up from the ground and pay attention to who's passing me, so I can see people coming at me before the first "hi!" hits my ears causing me to look up.
I think the second thing will be easier then then first. :) lol.
Look up at the people! Not down at the feet/floor. :)
(unless walking in the snow/ice...then looking down is more important so you don't fall down. :D)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment