Friday, January 7, 2011

en CHEW!

Ailing Whailing Little Sailing
Itten Ditten Little Kitten
Oten doten Little Boaten

Iskilly Oten Doten
Bow Doe Skadeet Endat
Gwadot en CHEW!

Today, I had the fun opportunity to help the Institute leaders....discover things about themselves.
I was voluntold to come help out (once it was known I was free) and then volunteered to take on the 'difficult' task of teaching the members the poem above to a tune in five minutes in groups of six. :)

It was "teach them a song." but the words above had no tune to it...sooo I made up my own little tune and taught it to the groups lol. :)

It was interesting to see how each group took on the problem when it was presented to them.

I told them they had five minutes to learn a song, that at least two group members had to sing the song, and that it might be recorded and shown to the institute later. (to motivate them)

lol their first concern usually was that I would only sing it to them once.
That was incorrect I'd repeat it however many times I needed to.
(but I couldn't show them the words, and they couldn't write the words down.)

The first group automatically after hearing the song assigned each member a line to remember so that everyone had something to say.
The second group started off as a group trying to remember it, then split it into parts.
The third group started out as a group as well, but also came up with little actions to go with the poem above to help them remember, before they decided to remember in parts.
and the fourth group assigned doubles. This pair remembers this line, that pair remembers that line etc.

I thought it was really fun how different each group was, what members spoke up and which ones stayed quiet, how they went about solving the problem I gave them.
I found it quite fun to teach them. :)
Sometimes they'd get distracted and ask me questions, or compliment me.
But otherwise I just had fun hearing them try to learn the song. :)

It turns out...they weren't just supposed to learn the song in a quick five minute thing.
There was a girl sitting outside our 'practice area' (the stairwell) and apparently they were supposed to help her.

But overall I was just impressed with their team work. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment