Monday, January 10, 2011

Trusting Power

Have you ever looked at you life and wondered....

If I were evil...what could I get away with??

No? Oh...well maybe its a trait of an aspiring writer. :)

But in case you were curious.

I was that wondering today. :)

Because a couple of times in the past week...
I have ended up being basically the only person in a dark building.

And being me...
I've considered...what type of mischief I could get into.

But I think that is a part of life. 
Having to trust others.
And hoping that they are trustworthy. :) 

It helps...that I've been seen around this building...being there basically everyday. 
So people know that I'm pretty responsible. :)
And because they believe I am responsible, and they recognize me...Alot of trust and responsibility is put on my shoulders.

And with that...
I tend to sometimes wonder, what would happen if I used that trust for my own personal gain, instead of service for others.

While at first, the act of being selfish would be thrilling, I highly doubt things would turn out well. It would all blow up against me.
So instead, I find joy in gaining trust and responsibilities, but I use this 'trusting power' to be of service to others.

A blessing instead of a curse.
A balm to a busy soul instead of a kick that bring ones down to their knees

Trusting Power can gain many more privileges and fun to both parties when used for the betterment of others. And not just the betterment of yourself.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment