Friday, May 6, 2011

A Moment off the Gas

I think we all enjoy the feeling.
Of driving at high speed down the interstate.
(whether that's at the limit or above it..)
Having places zip by as you go to your destination.
Its almost relaxing and definitely is fun. :)

Still there always seems to be those few cars
that want to drive faster then you're going.
Or fight their way up the road, to try and pass you.

And I find at those times....
That I really don't like trying to 'fight' them for the lead.
So I take my foot off the gas for a second before putting it back into place.
That way my car looses momentum for a moment.
And allows the other car to be able to move past me.

I also do it, because I really don't like driving side by side with other vehicles along the road.
So I'm perfectly willing and easy going enough to just let the other cars get slightly ahead of me.
(Unless they end up going slow...then I just pass them ;) lol)

Still I find it fascinating.
That letting my foot off the gas for just a moment.
Will let the other car get ahead of me.

And I wonder if it applies to other factors of my life.
If I'm cruising along....and let go, or loose my focus for a minute.
Then it seems like....someone else gets ahead of me...
And I can't catch up.
Most of the time I don't let it get to me.
I am pretty easy going.
But sometimes i do wonder..though.
How much should I actually fight to stay ahead?

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.

Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream


We were at my grandma's house.
My sister and I.
We were outside on the side of the house.
(she lives on a corner lot. So it wasn't the front or back yard it was the side yard.)
The sun was angled towards the Western horizon.
Kim and I were in the middle of some activity.
When I realized that there was a giant spider web hanging from nothing in particular in the middle of the yard.
With a pretty big spider visible. (it was darkly colored)
I turned away from that spider....and was confronted with another spider web with a much bigger spider across the way.
It seemed like a competition.
And I was stuck in the middle. A spectator. Along with my sister.
And we watched as the webs caught (or suddenly had) bigger and bigger creatures get caught in their webs and spun up.
There was a black bear that somehow got caught in the web of the bigger spider higher above us.
It ended up escaping though and fell to the ground.
We were routing for....a particular spider...
When all of a sudden something happened. (I don't really remember)
A bird of some sort came out of nowhere and began attacking a ball of the web with creatures inside of it.
Suddenly the spider of that web became another bird. A darker one, while the one attacking was white.
My sister and I had been supporting the darker bird and we were fearful that the goose type bird would kill it.

So we interfered.
And suddenly they were two people with wings fighting.
(Brothers)
And as we split it up....I also ended up having to save my sister from being took by the white winged human.
But I ended up being taken instead.
I was pulled into his grip and his wings enclosed around us and we traveled to...a different place.
(It was actually the kitchen of my Grandma's house, but it felt like a totally different place)
And I was a prisoner of the whitewinged man.
He wasn't much of a cook.
We sat at the table and on my plate was three or four Ritz crackers liberally sprinkled with Season Salt.
The whitewinged man seemed content to just eat that.
But I wasn't going to have any of that.
So I climbed over the seats to get to the kitchen
I wasn't too worried because I knew that my cousin Ben from Florida was watching the house.
For my grandparents while they were away on some trip.
And as I was trying to decide what I wanted to make for my dinner.
(My options looked to be different types of noodles of all shapes and sizes)
Ben walked in....since he was house sitting. He'd been watching TV most of the afternoon.
And I thought that was pretty normal.
Until my grandma walked in the door....complaining about some appointment she'd been at.
And my confusion grew. If she was on vacation...why was my grandma now here?

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
And I became myself again.

Extra Info.
The spiders in my dream are from me talking with another about spiders yesterday.
The bear falling was a reference to...an AFV show I saw where a blackbear climbed into a huge birdhouse to get the food.
The winged humans are from me talking and thinking about them for the past week. :)

And that
Is why the fox never came home. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment