Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Mother's Day Gift Adventure

There I was.
On an outing with my mom and my sister.
We were shopping, spending some quality time together.
But...I had a slight problem.
I had yet to find my Mom a gift for Mother's day.
And I didn't really have time to go back out shopping for her
once we got done just doing general shopping with a specific purpose.
So I had to improvise.
My Mom had instigated this outing because she wanted to buy some shoes.
We got sidetracked.
She had been planning on going to a store to pick up the shoes.
But I knew that a different store also had shoes....and they had the items I wanted to get her
For Mother's day.
So through a bit of maneuvering, I convinced her to go to that store.
Once inside I quickly separated from the other two.
And wandered past the jewelry displays checking out the different necklaces and bracelets on sale there.
Finding a necklace I thought she'd like I decided to instigate the plan.
First...I needed to go get socks.
Why? well....she had said that she needed new navy blue socks.
So I figured I'd grab those.
Except I had a slight problem.
The socks....coincidentally. Are right next to the shoes.
And my mom was among the shoes....looking for some to buy.
I had to make my way towards the socks, carefully watching the aisle she had been in until I was too the side.
This was done quickly but I slowed as I approached the back.
It was dangerous territory I was in. I stood for a moment studying the arrangements of socks before me.
Then with a quick glance towards the shoes to make sure Mom wasn't going to suddenly appear.
I dashed in grabbed a pair of socks. And booked it through the clothes.
Constantly watching the shoe section until I was out of sight to make sure Mother dearest didn't spot me.
Contraband in sight.
And that was a problem. My contraband -the socks- were in plan sight.
She wasn't going to stay there for forever.
So I meandered my way over to the candy aisle.
-I had other plans involving candy for a different night...and i needed to buy some too.
So I grabbed a few packs of M&Ms and arranged them just so in my arms.
That the socks were hidden in case I ran into her elsewhere in the store.
Then on my way back to the jewelry.
I snagged an Itunes card.
(I admit. my sister's b-day was very soon as well....we were doing 'clothes shopping' for Mom's Day and her B-day) The card was for the sister.
And hide it in my armful of Candy.
My head on a constant swivel.
Paranoid of now running into Mom and Sister as well as a concerned worker who might be wondering about my actions.
I made it to the necklaces and stood there waiting for one of the girls there to help me get a necklace from the case.
She finally came over to help me.
Though she struggled to get the right key into the lock (there were a dozen or so on her key chain)
And I think she tried everyone she had.
I had forgotten for a moment...the dangers that awaited me. Of discovery.
But I happened to look to my right.
And there she was.
my Mom.
Among the clothes....looking at shirts.
Her back was luckily towards me.
but that could change in an instant.
in the blink of an eye I was to the side of the jewelry case. Pretty close to the worker.
The spinning case of necklaces was tall enough to hide me from view.
The worker gave me a weird look as she struggled with the keys.
"I'm shopping for my mom, she's over there. I don't want her to see me. And I don't have time to go shopping later today, so this is my only chance." I said to her my head again swiveling around looking for my sister and hoping that mom would come towards the jewelry.
Luckily...I could buy my stuff there at that station, instead of exposing myself
in one of the typical looking cashier lines.
So I did just that. Though the cashiers....well they made me rather paranoid that I'd be found out at any minute. They had a bit of a problem ringing things up lol.
Still. i got everything into a bag.
And booked it like my life depended on it once I checked to make sure mom wasn't in view by the clothes.
I dashed through the 'crowds' and made it to the far entrance.
I then circled around to our car. Careful to keep the other set of doors out of my line of sight.
Just in case.
Then with a sigh of relief I unlocked our car placed the bag in the back and covered it up.
And returned via the entrance I had left not two minutes ago.
(If cameras were watching....well I hope they didnt' think I was too weird. lol)
I circled wide going past the pillow and bedding section and getting a bit distracted with the toys before meeting up with my sister and then my mom.
-Who mentioned having trouble finding me, but I said I'd been by the pillows looking at them.
 But we managed to leave the store and get home.
Without either of them being any the wiser at what I'd done.
(Though I do suspect Mom was suspicious when she couldn't find me.)

All in all it was an awesome and thrill excitement inducing adventure ^^

Happy Mother's Day!

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment