Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Red Hourglass

Do you ever watch something and think to yourself
"I shouldn't be watching this...it won't turn out good for me."
Well I got that yesterday.
I was bored and scrolling for something to watch on TV.
And I came across this National Geographic Channel....
and the show of the hour was...
About spiders.
Deciding to see what would happen.
I switched to that channel...since nothing else was on.
And they were talking about the Black Widow Spider.
Curious I continued watching.
I learned that the black widows live in every state except Alaska.
They like cool dark climates with alot of moisture to attract insects.
And that they're more abundant in cities then in the surrounding country side.
And they looked huge. They were showing one black widow.
That seemed almost as big as a rat or a mouse. It was huge!
I was fascinated in a disturbed type of way.
But when they showed a black widow, climbing into a sneaker like shoe to hide out...
Well, that became too much for me. I could tell my paranoia was rising.
What if there's a spider in my shoe?! GAH!!
So I switched the channel and left to do something else.
But the thought nagged in the back of the mind.
of where the spider is.
You see, we've had a few black widows around my house before.
I've never really been super close to one.
But....it could happen.
>.< I don't like spiders or snakes...in the sense that I don't like the idea of what they can do. I'm pretty fine with them being around me and such....but if I know that there is the possibility that there is a poisonous spider or snake...out there...outside waiting for me.....well its rather amazing that I venture out into the country side haha. :)
Anywho. Later last night I was getting ready for bed.
I had settled down all nice and comfortable.
And my cat was above me on the headboard basically.
All of a sudden she started moving like she was chasing something.
Now...they're can't really be anything above me...besides bugs....and more specifically spiders.
Well that set my paranoia a running, picturing one of those big black widows that I saw on the TV on the headboard above me and my cat was messing with it and she could get bitten and die....
Yah. I had to turn on the light and laugh at myself when I didn't see anything.
Still...I'm probably going to be wary for a while....lol I hardly ventured into a shed today because I saw all the spiderwebs all over the place.....
And all this paranoia because I watched 7 mins of a show about spiders.
lol *shakes head*
I need to be more careful of what I watch.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

The Avatar gang were on a quest. (Aang, Katara, Sokka and Toph)
The scene opened up showing the middle of a swamp lilies growing everywhere
And these white teepee type houses.
one of the travelers commented as they traveled via a raft with a sail that aang was airbending to move.
That the swamp was actually more populous with people then they'd thought once they got away from the big city or something.
Anyway they arrived to a pretty unfriendly welcome. They weren't wanted the gang to be there.
yet something happened and the gang became heroes.
Apparently there was some...curse or evil person who was transfiguring people into animals.
Aang and Katara got hit with this spell. And they turned into snakes.
Katara was the smaller she was a bluegreen color with a curved knife stone or metal point as the end of her tail (kinda like a rattle on a rattle snake...but it was a weapon like people would use)
I think she was holding it at the time she got transfigured.
Anyway she had to defend herself against Aang (and maybe...Sokka got involved as well.)
She was fighting on this wood program against a red snake (aang) who was bigger and quicker then her.
But some how the battle was won.
And everything seemed to be going really well for everyone
Especially Toph in the city.
Which was now an Earth Kingdom type city.
And Boomee (Aangs friend) was king of the city.
Apparently Toph was his daughter (she didn't know) -Toph now looked and acted like she was about 5 years old or so. She had pretty long hair or a crazy hairstyle that made it seem long.
And Toph was unhappy. Here she had saved the city and her Dad wouldn't let her do anything. He was being over protective or something so she was stuck inside.
She tried to convince her dad that she'd be fine going out on another quest with the gang.
But the father didn't seem to be listening.
Anyway...Toph ends up running away with the gang.
And she leaves with a short haircut though from the back...
I was shown a scene where one segment of hair untucked and seemed to be slightly longer then the rest of her hair before she tucked it back into place.
I'm thinking she was wearing a wig or disguising her hairstyle...which might have given her away.

The Nap Dream

i was in this epic fight. (I don't remember what the fight was)
But the ending scene involved me hanging onto my floating house for dear life.
Trying to steer it with the remaining balloons tight to my house.
I was going into a rather disastrous spin. corkscrewing with the balloons trailing behind the house.
But there was Russel holding all the other balloons.
I angled the house
and basically 'threaded a needle' in the air.
The house went through the hole of string that Russel had made.
The string snapped shut.
And just before hitting the ground...all the other balloons gave it the lift it needed
So I didn't die. :)
Safely on the ground in my backyard.
I went over to climb the maple tree.
When I saw this huge rattle snake snaking its way up to our back porch climbing over the wall and heading for the door.
(It was like 7 feet long and had a long elegance to it where it was big but it looked pretty skinny)
My dad was in the backyard so I told him that there was a rattle snake as I was climbing the tree.
(my vision had gone blurry...black whenever I looked towards the house so I could no longer see the snake)
i heard my sister Kim open the backdoor and i yelled out a warning to her to watch out for the rattlesnake.
I don't think she ever responded...or she didn't see it.
Anyway I was distracted by the cats.
Drifter and Eckli had brought over a small black kitten that was Dove's.
The small thing was sooo cute! It was barely three inches long. It was puny like it was just born puny.
Anyway I ended up taking the cats up to the front yard and letting them into the house through the front door along with my dogs because I didn't want them to get eaten by the rattlesnake that was around.
As I approached the driveway to get to the front door. I noticed that my dad was trying to pull out. He was in a creamy light orange/copper colored car...It looked like the one in my apartment parking lot but that one was yellow. Anyway He was trying to pull out of the driveway. But our family car blocked him from behind. And I think the trailer blocked him from the side.
But there was enough space between the family car and the trailer where my brother's Volkswagon bug should have been parked if he was home that my dad with the help of my mom from the outside was backing out the car through that space. I by passed him backing out the car and opened the front gate to be confronted with my brother's yellow car....except it wasn't the bug, it was a camero type car with a long pointy end that would help it 'go faster' because it cut through the air...it reminded me somewhat of drag race cars as well.
I wasn't sure why he was parked in the front yard and trying to leave...but I continued into my house.
My front room had a bunch of boxes in it like we'd been moving stuff around or doing some 'repair' work of some kind. I ended up playing with the small kitten for a while as well including our house cat. Until they decided to take naps underneath the box flaps.
So I got to my feet and turned around and saw that our front window (its pretty big takes up most of the wall of that side of the house beside the door outside) was covered in cardboard. Like we'd just gotten new windows or something.
i glanced out the glass door to see a maroon...dark red colored van parked in our yard with its back towards the front room windows with a guy that was chubby he had...darker hair....in a window repair uniform nearby.
In the front room with me was my Mom and her Mom...my Grandma.
i asked them what they were doing.
And my mom responded that they were 'proofing' the windows...replacing them so that they would now be scratch resistant to wild animals because apparently a buck came at the window and one of the tips left a big scratch in the glass. This was done as a present to my grandma (apparently we were in her house now though it still looked basically the same as my house....her house didn't have a 'western cabin' theme to it.)
Well I went up to the window and peered out through the wooden blinds. (cardboard became blinds I guess) 
I saw that the windows at least the one to the left closets to the door Had more panels then it used to. And they went horizontal. But the bottom third or so of the window had been 'blocked' with these brownish red colored cinder blocks that were flat and had a flower type design in them. I think past these blocks the window was divided into six or eight little panels while the rest of the window was just normal.
Then in the corner was a big black....old stove type thing. It was black and cylindrical and reminded me of a stove from the pioneers. I did a quick glance down the windows to see that it was basically mirrored on the other side and pulled back letting the blinds fall back into place, not really satisfied with the work that had been done. I turned away

and the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again.

Extra Info. 
The Dream - I'm not sure how the Avatar characters got into my dream...I haven't really watched the shows recently. But I thought the snake fight was awesome! I think for a brief moment in the dream I became Katara as a snake. 

The Nap Dream
I know that the floating house was taken from the movie UP, though that too I have not seen recently.
(usually things for dreams come from the past day or two...not weeks ago)
The rattlesnake thing...well I was in the backyard today, before my nap, with the cats giving them loving attention. Well....probably from the venomous creature show I watched yesterday...I got a bit anxious that there might be a snake, more specifically a rattle snake in the yard...and if this was true...which it wasn't. it was just a hypothetical situation of what would I do if I turned around and saw a rattlesnake right there...what would I do?
The baby kitten in the dream is in response to me really wanting to find Dove's latest batch of kittens...we're pretty sure she has them...hence why I was looking in the shed earlier. So this was just a fulfillment of me actually finding the kitten! Woot! :D lol.
Not sure why i dreamed the rest of the dream.
My dad cut down the maple tree recently :( so its no longer there Y_Y
My mom's mom has been dead for over half a decade now.....so I'm not sure why I'd dream of her either....

And that,
Is why the fox never came home. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment