Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sleepless Excitment

There have been days...well I should say nights.
Where my body rests, but my mind gets super active.
I have mentioned before that my mind seems to focus on something random whenever I end up having a midnight headache that wakes me up. (It has been focusing on Anatomy, lately)

But there are other time when my sleep is less then restful.


And its when I'm super excited about something.
Usually it deals with a story, either my own, or a book I'm currently reading.
But something from this plot line snags my attention.
And it sends a thrill of excitement through my body.
So I run with this idea.
No matter how I try to put it to sleep as well.
(I don't try that hard)
The idea will keep me awake, well, wakeful.
So that I only manage to doze for an hour or two before waking up again in the middle of the night.
You could compare it to Christmas Eve.
How the excitement of knowing that Santa Claus is coming
And soon there will be a bunch of presents to open.
The anticipation keeps you from getting too much sleep lol.
After all you don't want to miss it.

A similar thing happens to me when there is a book/story that's really intense.
The anticipation of getting to find out what happens next.
Means I usually spend a sleepless night trying to figure out what could happen next.
Even if I do go to bed intending to get some sleep lol. :)
I just end up tossing and turning.
Oh well. :) Its the anticipation that's the best part of doing something. ^^
It makes the activity that more memorable to you :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

It was one of those dreams where it felt familiar so I'm pretty sure I've had it before or something similar to it.

There was a....logging competition.
Where my sister and I
Were competing against a bunch of other people
in our down stairs basement.
We had weapons, bows/arrows, knives, axes etc.
It was a primitive group.
And the competition almost seemed like one of survival.
Almost.
Anyway. My sister and I ended up in our brother's room for the competition.
First we had to find a log to chop.
We found it on the top shelf of my brother's closet.
Then we needed an Ax.
I hadn't known that we needed an ax.
But, the referee for the match told me I needed one.
So I grabbed a ceremonial ax given to me by family.
The referee scoffed at my ax.
But hey, it was the best I had.
The whistle was heard.
And I chopped with all my strength.
And the blade actually bit through the wood.
Sooo we managed to cut it in half.
-The rest of the competition was taking place in the other room.
My sister and I were isolated in my brother's room.
(we chopped the wood tent pole in half on my brother's bed.)
So when we chopped through we had to run into the other room to say that we got through.
A cheer had already gone up saying that another team had beaten us.
But we got second place I'm pretty sure.
But i didn't get a chance to see any of the competition in the other room.
Because as I rushed out to signal the referee that we were done.
He nodded to me acknowledging that he knew we had finished.

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again.

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment