Thursday, May 19, 2011

Hair Tangled Knots

Its always entertaining, those mornings when you can sleep in....never seem to be sleep in filled.
At least when you plan to sleep in that is.
This morning I was awakened to a knock on the door.
Management had come to clean and fix up the empty bedrooms in my apartment.
I don't know why they decided to come so early in the morning...
I think it might be a failing of management ;) to realize summer means sleep :P lol.
Oh they want to get things done in the morning before people show up...
needless to say getting unexpectedly woke up before I wanted to...is never fun.

But they did send me on a different tangent today then I was thinking to go on.
I noticed that my bathroom sink....hasn't been emptying that quickly.
I didn't say anything to the fixer upper crew, they were just focusing on the empty rooms.
But I had a pretty good idea that it clogged with hair....after all...its hard to keep the strands on my head and some fall into the sink.
I was right.
For kicks and giggles I got some tools and started pulling out hair.
It was rather....well disgusting comes to mind.
It almost reminded me of a creepy spider when I looked at it.
Though it looked nothing like a spider.
Perhaps it just looked disturbing. With bits of other things on the strands of hair.
Its actually kind of weird.
Why is it that when we have hair on our head we don't really pay attention to it...it doesn't bug us at all.
But once it falls. A single strand or you come across a clump of hair....like from a sink.
It becomes something undesirable? An inconvenience. Gross. Disturbing. Icky. Something that 'must be gotten rid off quickly?'
perhaps because those hairs are 'no longer part of the whole' we get rid of them.
As a whole hair on the head is awesome and fun.
Separately or in disorganized clods and tangles. Its not whole. Its Chaos.
Perhaps that is why dealing with hair from the sink isn't fun.
Perhaps. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment