Thursday, May 26, 2011

Extreme Couponing

I tend to like background noise when I'm doing computer things
Just so that I feel productive even though I'm not really being productive...
I feel like I'm accomplishing more.
Well...the past couple of nights....I've stayed up late enough that I tend to just pick a random show and listen/watch it.
The show of this week has been a series called "Extreme Couponing."
And I do have to say....its Extreme.
My mind has been boggled by how much these 'extreme couponers' get away with.
I've watched episodes where people have bought 1,000-2,000 dollars worth of food and ended up paying nothing for it because of their rewards card, coupons, and other coupons.
I have known for forever that couponing can save you some cash,
but wow. I hadn't realized how far it went.
However, there is a downside to this couponing strategy....and that is....time.
It takes soo much effort for the people to pull off stunts like that.
*shakes head*
They compare sales, wait for sales, hold onto coupons until they expire, buy in bulk, add up things, compare other store prices and....wow...it almost seems like a second job.
I think it would be a bit too...heady for me.....stressful, and I'd just make one big headache out of the whole shenanigan.
Still...it is interesting to watch....though I don't understand why the people feel like they need to buy in bulk having 100-500 of the same item...I seriously don't understand the need to be that prepared.
Well I do especially with all the natural disasters. My thoughts on having so many of the same thing....would be how to use it before it expires....
I can see the thrill though, for extreme couponing. The competition to see how much food you can get for as little as possible. The thrill of success probably would be a buzz to my system. :) lol
So perhaps I'll check into this couponing deal and see what happens when I get a coupon thing in the mail again.
In either case. I just have to say Wow for how dedicated those extreme couponers are, they do make the hauls for pennys. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
The wind shall blow for a bit as I journey away from civilization this weekend.
Do not fret if you see no post for the next couple of days. All is well. :)
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

There was a creepy tall blonde guy who was trying to get way familiar with me. more then I wanted.
I tried to avoid him, but he kept following me where I was getting too close.
I finally resorted to sleeping in my parent's bedroom with them and my sister so he couldn't do anything to me.
As an apology...surprise gift of sorts...we ended up in a green fair type resort area. With a water fall in the distance. My dad had my sister and I close our eyes and turn around. When he had us turn back he gave us two horses. He called them a name where for a moment I thought he was going to say "Clydesdale" because that's my sister's favorite horse. Instead I think he used...shetland somewhere in the name of the breed...though they looked like typical horses. Brown, with dark black manes. He introduced them to us as Miss California, and Miss New Jersey.
My sister had Miss California, I had New Jersey, though I ended up just calling my horse Jersey...and my horse turned out to be a male...so I'm not sure why he was referred to as female in the beginning.
Anyway they were 'new' horses, having not ever been ridden before.
And my sister and I used different training tactics to get to be able to ride them.
My sister was...harsher. She kept just jumping on her horses back and was slightly mean to it. (She loves horses in real life...) I think she was in a hurry to prove herself the better rider/sister or something.
I took my training more slow. I would put weights (bags of flour/sand) on Jersey's back to build him up in endurance and get him used to having things on his back.
But at one point I had to cut the training short...and I ended up jumping on his back and riding like the wind down a green stretch...that was no longer green grass. There was construction along this flat between the resorts pools and a natural waterway. Little buildings...kind of like cabins were being built up where rich people could stay. I raced to the edge of the causeway...and was devastated to see that they'd completely ruined the waterfall. They'd blocked it off, used concrete and stuff to make a really stupid looking waterfall all flat and such....
There was the natural waterfall running over rocks and such, but further on down where the big spectacle was...they'd just flattened it off....it was rather saddening to see such a disregard for the natural beauty of a place. :(
I ended up in the water....(I think I was running with my horse to get away from the man in the first part of my dream and jumped off the top of the waterfall into the pool below.)

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
And I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment