Saturday, October 22, 2011

4 Institute Classes

A while ago I was talking with a someone...
and they mentioned that others like to have me around.
That they look forward to seeing me and talk about my visits after I'm gone.
And the individual doesn't really understand it, because they feel like they've worn out their welcome with the same group.
I told them, that I didn't see why they would talk about me. When I'm with them, I'm usually the quiet one. lol I don't say much.
But apparently according to this individual...what I say is remembered.

However, I think its more then that.
I think that the group is drawn to my...more positive attitude. The light, the brightness. The cheerfulness I have even if I'm struggling myself. I think its my 'sunny aura' that draws the group to me.
lol I'm not imagining this brightness. One of my Favorite Institute teachers Brother Peterson, commented that I'm like a flame and that the 'moths' are drawn to me. Not that the group are moths. But its a similar analogy.

The group is drawn to me because of the light I have.
But also because I listen. I respond. I comment. I engage in a two way conversation and make others feel welcome.
And because I listen...I end up giving advice as well.
Because I listen, people come to me with their problems.
Its not like I'm a sage with advice...I've just....listened, remembered, learned from books from others examples, from being taught the gospel and remembering principles. from trusting in my Heavenly Father that I will be able to give advice that will help others. That I will know what to say.

I've had to call up help for inspiration on what to say more then once recently because others are asking for my advice on difficult questions.
So right now, I've been trying to follow more of what I've learned in relation to the gospel.

And I think I'm able to call up and give advice in relation to the gospel.
Because I'm taking four institute classes this semester.
I'm not saying that one needs to take four institute classes in order to receive guidance.
But I'm saying that I really really really need the Holy Ghost to be with me, to help me give advice to those who seek it, that can be used by them in relation to the gospel.
By taking these four institute classes, as well as institute classes in the past....
They are helping to sustain me. To keep me strong. To give me help in time of need. To help me remember to look to the Lord first.

I'm glad that I'm able to take all four institute classes. They help sustain me. They give me...back up bursts of energy to keep me from being drained by those who come seeking my flame. The gospel helps me to sustain my positivity. So that when the time comes...I don't get dragged down. I'm able to stay afloat.

I just hope that others will be able to find a way to float on their own testimonies and strength from the gospel soon. For my energy reserves will not last forever even with this added boost.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment