Friday, October 28, 2011

A Des(s)ert Place

So yesterday, I posted this on facebook:


"is a half-step away from bursting into tears....for no reason what-so-ever."


then, three hours later I posted:


"Dear Four-Sided Objects; Why are you all Rectangular?! I need Square! Sincerely with lots of love -Sarnic"


These posts actually didn't have anything to do with each other.
Besides the concept that I was trying to find a way to cheer myself up,
that involved finding a square object to use as a...stencil...outline thing.
And all I was finding in my apt were Squares.


That was rather frustrating,but I found away to work with the rectangles to get my square.


Anyway, I didn't think much more about my facebook posts....


Until I got a text from a member of the Institute Council
saying that I needed to check my box (we have a box to place papers...i would describe it..but I can't..)
before the end of the day with a double big PLEASE PLEASE at the end.
I was like. O.o Okay........
I was passing by the institute at that moment, so I made a detour and checked my box.
To see....
Nothing in it.
lol
And then I looked in my co-chair's box.
And there were papers dealing with publicity.
As well as a note from the person who texted.
Basically saying that we were awesome, and life is crazy, and that he wanted to help out more....
I left the note in the box because it was addressed to all the co-chairs, not just myself...so I don't have it right now.
But then I noticed.
Hey.
There is half a bar of Cookies and Cream Chocolate.
Okay..so I noticed the note sticking out of the chocolate before I noticed the chocolate itself.


And the note said:


I hope you smile instead of cry.
Rectangles are really easy to make into squares.
Squares are not.
Have a fantastic day.


lol, I have to admit that I was trying to figure out if the LDSSA member actually had read my facebook status or not...I was thinking not...and I was trying together who it was.
When I read I read ...your fantastic life, you fantistic fosh. you. :)
(I spelt it how I see it... )
but that last line...is a quote from a favorite movie of mine. Megamind.


Megamind.


A good friend of mine. :)
And all the pieces clicked into place.


lol and it was sweet. for the Cookies and Creme chocolate bar (my favorite chocolate bar) had been cut into a square shape. and the note had a piece bent so that when it was folded it was square shaped too.


A smile came upon my face.
And my day got brighter.


Twas a good day after that. ^^

The thought "Rectangles are really easy to make into squares."
stuck with me today.
and a couple of hours after I read the note, I went to a devotional.
Where a teacher Brother Monson (no relation to President Monson)
gave a talk about "Desert" Places.

Where he talked about the points in your life...
where you basically hit a desert.
a plateau spiritually.
Where what you were doing before, doesn't give you the same spiritual feeling now.
But that doesn't mean that you will stay in the desert forever.
There are greener....or in this case whiter and chocolatier places coming your way.

Look for the Dessert on the edge of the Desert, for then you will find joy.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!


-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment