Sunday, October 30, 2011

Hakuna Matatas and Prince Charmings

Tonight there was a Stake Relief Society Meeting.
-Priesthood had a meeting at the same time in the other chapel.

These meetings are usually fun, mostly because the Stake Relief Society tells us how they met their husbands, how long they've dated, how long they've been married, and other short stories. lol alot of them are funny, some are sweet, and others down right cool.
Then Sister Livingston got up to talk. (I don't think I spelt her last name right.) She's the wife of the Stake President.

And she had some really good quotes.
That basically went along the lines of the this:

"Sometimes our Prince Charmings aren't very timely are they?"

"I used to think that my future husband had died in the war in heaven."

"When the boys are off having their Hakuna Matata its up to the girlfriends to go get them and remind them that they're kings with responsibilities." 

Where it basically made light of the simple sentiment.
That most of the girls are going dateless these days.
And in the words of Brother Livingston...its because the guys are "Wicked" and not asking the girls on dates.
Who knows why this is?
But it is apparent that not much dating is going on in this area.
Perhaps its because the guys are trying too hard. Perhaps they're not trying hard enough, they're just content to 'hang out'
Perhaps the girls are intimidating to the guys. ;) after all we're all "Wonderful upstanding young women" are we not? lol.

But overall the topic of the meeting was.
Be patient. They will come. You will get a date, you will meet the one. You will get married, have kids. Just have Patience. The Lord has everything in hand according to his time table. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

Debrah (a girl who works in the Library) was heading out on a trip, and her friend Taylor was coming with her. They were at the airport going through security. I followed them up til after they passed through the checks because I wasn't going on the trip with them. (Debrah looked like my friend Jess sometimes. the two of them kept switching back and forth) But yah, they walked up to a couple of...cubicle counter office looking spaces, following the rope line things. Debrah went to the closer one, Taylor ended up turning left and heading to one further down the check through line. Debrah got done pretty quickly, so we were waiting for Taylor to get done, but AT had to catch her flight. (Debrah now became AT) so I followed her along the wooden walkway and watched her go down the stairs. At the bottom of the stairs was her husband UB. He came up the stairs and I was on the wooden deck/patio thing of a house basically waiting to welcome them home. And I thought to myself, I could ask them now...no, I was going to check in with my mom first to make sure it was alright, so I asked them a different question.

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again.

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment