Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Dismal Potions

On Pottermore (A Harry Potter related website created by J.K. Rowling)
You can brew potions for house points.
(If you want to get into Pottermore...it should be open to the public by the end of October...we'll see though it could change.)

Well...I have to admit, I now see why potions isn't a favorite class in Hogwarts by students -and not because Snape being the teacher.

Its due to...glitches...in the program.
But if it was in real life, it would be due to not paying attention, and definitely running out of time.

It was frustrating last night and earlier today for me, because the 'hardest potion' that would give you the most points if you create it right....wouldn't let me create it right!
Three times in a row.
I went to brew the potion. I would get the first part right.
But the second part where you have to wait for 100mins for it to 'steep' or whatever...
Well...after 100 minutes...something would go wrong. Once I put in the wrong number of ingredients. The other two times, I would just barely miss getting my potion done on time. This was due to having to stir my potion seven times in ten seconds and my seven stirs only counting for like 3 stirs...

Ugh it was soo frustrating.
300 minutes ---and no points because of time.
-I was multitasking so I got other things done, but still...
the excitement had built up. I was ready to get those points and....
No ice cream sundae. :(

And I've had the thought more then once come to my mind "No wonder Neville Longbottom didn't like potions. This is HARD." lol.

But I have to take a step back and breathe...and calmly say...in the long run it doesn't matter.
For it is just a game. :) lol.
Yet it has real life implications as well.
How often have you looked forward to something...or went to achieve a goal....
Only to fall short.
To not make it to the top of Mount Everest because of a storm coming up and blocking your way?
In some cases you might foolishly head on and risk dying.
Or in the case of potion making...risk having your cauldron explode and loosing house points...

It can be a learning experience.
One I don't enjoy having to relearn.
Sometime soon...I will master the Sleeping Draught.
And then,
Oh yes then.
I will celebrate my goal finally being completed.
After day and days of struggle. :) lol
For that is life isn't it?
To try and try again until we get it right.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream
It was one of those dreams where I was trying to get ready for something...do the morning routine and all that...but not succeeding, constantly being interrupted and such in awkward moments.

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment