Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Secret Project Part 2a

The Secret Project....
How was it inspired?
Well...it was inspired in a few different ways.

The First: My sister.
She had a guy friend go on a mission to Hawaii.
She wanted to write him, but....
wanted to do it in a different way.
So what has she been doing?
She's been drawing comics to send to them,
Usually they're a couple of pages long,
covering what the missionary sent in his last letter, -usually a funny story.
And then she does a comic detailing what she's been doing here at home.
They're really funny and I wanted to do the same thing to some of my missionary friends :)
:( Unfortunately....I've lost all the addresses for them Y_Y
And for some reason their facebook pages have gone missing so...I don't know their current address. :(
So I considered just sending them to my friends who still live in my hometown......
...but what would I send?

The Second: Were other Comics.
I've found a couple of comic blogs that I really enjoy.
And I wanted to do something similar,
At first I wanted to do some Anatomy based comics.
Because I had alot of experiences in Anatomy
That I felt could make good comics.
I've drawn a few, but they were really mini.
Just single characters and such.
So I was looking for something different to do that was fun.
That my friends back home would enjoy, since I doubted Anatomy based comics would be that entertaining to them even if they were entertaining to me lol :)

Cue
Inspiration 3: The 5th WAMN Member

A bit ago...I don't know when we started it,
It was a year or two after high school...
My high school friends and I decided
that we would do WAMN nights
WAMN -Writers, Artist, Movie, Night
We would gather for a night, and work on writing and drawing while watching a movie. Then we would share what we had. Reading a piece of our story, or showing off our drawings.

Well, a year ago...the high school friends....decided to add in another member.
They ran into him at a church activity, and he expressed an interest in joining because he has written and drawn before. So he joined. Becoming the "5th WAMN member."
-Okay he was the sixth member. There were five of us before if you count myself. :)
But I usually just count the other members....I'm not sure why now that I think about it. lol.

Anyway, a...couple of months ago....we were talking one night on facebook.
(I have had the comic idea since spring semester when I took Human Anatomy)
And this friend was being rather....down on himself.
I was feeling helpless that I couldn't drive back home and cheer him up.
So I was doing my best through Facebookchat to do so....
and that was when the idea came to me...
we somehow had the topic of superheroes come up.
And he mentioned that his favorite superhero was Anung Un Rama.
That was the light bulb moment.
For all the WAMN members are into superheroes.
And they all liked different ones.
Soo....I figured, why not do a comic based off of their favorite superheroes?
That's what I did. :)
I sneakily found out which friend liked which superhero and what my friends addresses were so I could mail the comics to them when they were done.
-For three out of the five I already knew the superhero favorite before this concept. :)
Okay...lol I wasn't that sneaky...with the asking of addresses.
Some I already had from needing directions in the past, others not so much.

Anyway, I did do it in such a way, that when I started mentioning the Secret Project...
My friends had no idea what I was doing :)
And it was driving them crazy -and many other people who also saw my Facebook posts. lol
Plus...I would give them a different story every time with what I was doing.
I did make sure not to mention drawing or writing in relation to it.
I even made comments that would give them impressions that I wasn't drawing at all. :)

So below is the first comic drawn, but the second view point in the comic book. :) 
Featuring: Anung Un Rama

























This will come up as I draw more comics, but Sarnic goes to Anung Un Rama because she wanted to throw the enemy of track. For she thinks they will be expecting her to have Green Lantern call his Justice League buddies in to help her. She doesn't want to do the unexpected, so she goes to the Green Lantern to ask him if he knew of any good superheroes who weren't part of the Justice League.
Anung Un Rama was the first Superhero not from the Justice League that Green Lantern thought of.


Frankly, I'm surprised Sarnic dared to Friend Test this guy.
He's rather intimidating.  :)


Possibly the most difficult part of drawing Anung Un Rama...was the Stone Glove thing...that and making the sawed off horns look like horns.
The glove, was only difficult because I needed to make it bigger then the other hand. I actually had fun drawing it.

Lol, the 5th WAMN member loved the comic (okay all my friends loved their comics. :) )
His only concern was.....that I forgot the tail.

I didn't forget it lol :) I just couldn't figure out how to draw it without it looking really stupid. And I wanted this superhero to look cool. So no, He has no tail...that's a variation in this comic.
lol ;) If I had wanted to follow the comic...he'd be red as well. ^^;;




















<- The bubble says: Well, that was unexpected.






Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment