Wednesday, October 5, 2011

It's a Perk Me Up Goal

Today in my Teachings of the Living Prophets Institute class,
we went over the talks President Monson gave during Conference.
Because the printed versions of the talks weren't available yet...(they should be available now)
we were able to listen to portions of the the talks.

It was amazing.

I've been struggling the past couple of days.....
Why?
Lack of Sleep.
And I found myself trying to stay awake during Institute (and my other classes today)
It was difficult.
But listening to the Prophets voice.
It sent a thrill of wakefulness through me.
Because his voice was soothing, confident, and I loved watching his facial expressions.

Basically...He made me smile. Through his stories and the things mentioned above.
And I find when i get excited about something, where I genuinely smile....
I'm able to 'wake up' and get more into things.

It was a good wake up call....though it only lasted for like an hour....then I was sleepy again.

However, I think....if I'm able to.
I may start listening to some conference talks in the morning as I'm getting ready for school.
Since the morning is when I'm at my sleepiest, having just woken up.
And Perhaps hearing the words of those who spoke during conference...will wake me up.
Get me energized for the day.

lol....I actually couldn't understand before today, why people would listen to conference talks in the morning. My reaction was along the lines of: O.o why would you do that?

But now...I got a glimmer of understanding.
It can be the right way to begin the day. By bringing your thoughts towards the Lord first thing in the morning.
However, :(....I don't think i can start it tomorrow like I want to. :(
For its rather difficult to study for a test (AHHH!!!okaynowimgood) when voices are talking in the background lol :)

But I will try it out at least. Sometime soon. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment