Friday, October 7, 2011

The Secret Project Part 1a

Welcome one and all.
To the Secret Project.

What is the Secret Project?

Well...it's a comic. :)

The Secret Project is a story that follows the adventures of Sarnic
(yah...I was totally creative with the naming ;) lol) 
as she gathers up a team of superheroes, to help her to complete her 'secret project'
Her project is secret, because there are those....you know evil bad guys....who want to harm her, and destroy her project.

Yes, this is a double edged sword concept.
The First Secret Project is the comic itself. :)
The Second Secret Project is the project Sarnic needs help in completing.
-Yes the comic character Sarnic...does have a little basis off of myself. lol :)

So how does the Secret Project Comic work?
Well.
There is one overall story.
Sarnic gets superheroes to help her.
But the story starts in five different places.
Coincidentally it starts with the meeting of each superhero.
And these superheroes, happen to be the favorite superheroes of a group of my friends back in my hometown. For I created The Secret Project Comic to basically stay in contact with them and have occasional comics of joy be sent their way.
-I did this to give friends a moment of cheer since I can't really drive up at the drop of a dime to see them. :( :) So this was my solution! Even though I consider myself to just be a doodler comic wise, I do recognize that I can draw people...even if I haven't yet mastered all the different shadings and such. So they're simplified. I wasn't going to let my lack of 'I am so awesome I get paid for my art that looks like someone took a picture of it' artwork stop me from attempting to brighten a friends day. :)

The Secret Project!
Below is Part 1.
The First Superhero: Green Lantern



You might be wondering what a friend test is.
A friend test, is when you run up to an unsuspecting person, yell out "Friend Test." And jump at them. -your expectation is to be catched.
If the person catches you, then they are a friend.
If the person does not catch you, then they are not a friend. :)

Sarnic decided to use the friend test as a way to see if the superheroes could be trusted.
-The comic Sarnic is considered by others in her community to not be completely sane. ;) She thinks in different ways.

  
I do admit, that I feel my ability to draw scenery...is still elementary level....so I kept things to the bare minimum. The scene: Green Lantern is sitting in a park. On a concrete bench surrounding a fountain.


Unlike the rest of the superheroes Sarnic will meet; she actually already knows the Green Lantern. They are friends of a sort. She doesn't know his secret identity, but they have been friends for a while. She called him up, and asked him to meet her at the park. 


 A random side note: Do you know how hard it is to draw the same character four times in a row? Having never drawn the same character before...it was hard. lol :) to get the person to look basically the same...when they switch sides and such...hard. :) lol


<-The bubble says: I love it when you do that.























This was known as Phase 3 of my Secret Project.

I had a total of 10 Phases.

Phases 1-5 were drawing each superhero.
Phase 6 was to write in the title of the comic and the dialogue
Phase 7 was to photocopy the comics (I have the originals)
Phase 8 was to create a "welcome to the secret project letter"
Phase 9 was to address envelopes and enclose letter and comic inside.
Phase 10 was to mail it off. :)

If you're wondering why the 'start of the story' was Phase 3, its because I randomly picked which superhero to do when. :) And I didn't decide that Phase 3 was the start of the story until later, after the first 2 comics were drawn. :)
And plus....when I come up with plans...I don't always think them through fully.
Basically I'm making this up as I go. :)  
So new elements can be introduced at any time. ^^

  So again, welcome to the secret project. :)
The next four comics will be put up soon.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

There was more to this, but all I really remember.
Is that I had a bunch of ropes...and I was climbing up and down an elevator shaft.
Tying the ropes, I think I had five....to something...someone?
At one point as I was climbing, I had a rope in my mouth so that my hands would be free.
When I felt a weight.
I looked down and there was a person...I don't think he was a good guy....hanging from the rope. He was wearing a suit and tie.
I could feel the rope jerking in my mouth. and felt it pulling against my teeth.
I was feeling one come loose.
Sooo I let go of the rope to save my teeth.
And the guy plummeted...

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
And I became myself again.

S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment