Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Secret Project Part 3a

It's kind of funny how long it takes to draw these comics.
Hours upon hours.
What I usually do first is draw the Title Line at the top of the page.
Then I divide the rest of the page into four boxes.
I tried to do it evenly...but that didn't work out most of the time lol :)
Some boxes are wider then others, and other boxes are shorter then others.
Still they're even enough.
Then, for the first couple of comics, I would draw one scene at a time.
Which took a while.
Because I wanted to complete one comic box first before moving onto another.
I eventually realized I could 'sketch' out all four comic boxes first, and then go back in and add detail.
It seemed to go much faster that way. :)
So after I drew the comic,
I would add in some dialogue and such.
The comic below, is a bit more complicated then the others.
Because I was experimenting with 'sound effects' and 'movement lines'

So here is Phase 2, Comic 3 of the Secret Project
Featuring: Wolverine.

























The Scene: Wolverine...like all the rest of the superheroes, is at the park.
He's leaning against a railing that surrounds a pond, watching the ducks swim about.
...Do ducks swim? or do they float...hmmm

My main goal for this comic was for Wolverine not to have the same hairstyle as Anung Un Rama. Since they both have the sideburns/beard thing going on. I was also trying to give Wolverine the trademark hairstyle he has. Of the combed back look...idk. Just give him a recognizable hairstyle..I don't know if it worked. 










<- It was fun to draw the almost stick figure mini comics. :)



This is the only comic where Sarnic doesn't get the chance to "Friend Test" the superhero. :(
And I didn't want to leave my  Wolverine WAMN member wondering what Sarnic had wanted from Wolverine.
So I added in these comic bubbles. :)
To show what Sarnic had been planning to do.


Here was where I was experimenting with sound effects the "tap tap" and "swish" sound.
I actually have no idea if the claws make a sound when they appear out of Wolverine...
I just wanted to show they were appearing. :)
And I really liked the "tap tap" thing. I'm not sure why...I thought I did really good showing the motion there :) lol





<- This little piece of paper is hiding the name of the author by the way. :)




Below is my attempt at drawing 'motion' lines. :)  

I think Sarnic's hair looks rather odd here, but I was trying to show that she was dropping to the ground quickly. lol her hair reminds me of a lion's mane. And if you notice, she wasn't quick enough to save all of her hair.... 






<-Sorry this picture is so blurry, it wouldn't focus. I took it like twelve times. :(


I loved drawing the thought bubble dialogue suddenly being cut short and literally in shreds. This is because Wolverine scared Sarnic enough that her thoughts stopped, cut off.







<- I struggled with figuring out what position his hands/arms should be in during this moment. So annoying.













I know it looks like Wolverine is smiling as Sarnic goes tearing off to save her life. I'm not sure he actually is...I struggled with drawing his face and how he'd be feeling....I think he's just happy he managed to scare her away the first time so he wouldn't have to deal with her bothering him. Wolverine is kind of a loner. :)






















lol Sarnic's face in the mini box makes me smile. She literally doesn't remember what she wanted to ask...and now she doesn't want to know the answer lol.
I like Wolverine's face in the mini box as well. :) I thought I drew that rather well.

At least now Wolverine can go back to staring at the ducks in peace....or can he....

Until you next read these words;
I"ll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream
I remember looking at my left arm and leg....and seeing these dark blue/purple bruises on them. They were intense...I couldn't remember why or how I'd gotten them, but I was showing them to my mom.

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment