Sunday, October 16, 2011

Into the Headlights

There we were.
(Kikay and I)
Minding our own business, driving a bit too fast on the freeway.
It was dark, but the lights of our car headlights were bright enough for us to see.
But then...it started raining.
Slight at first.
But getting heavier and heavier.
Our windshield wipers were going faster and faster.
We made it somehow up to the point of the mountain.
Driving and driving
Going faster then slower depending on the cars in front of us.
Avoiding four cop cars along the way.
We were just passing by the downcline of the point of the mountain.
Around Thanksgiving Point or just past it.
When...out of the darkness.
Out of the side of the carpool lane. (the space between the barriers and the carpool lane)
Came rolling....
THIS HUGE TUMBLE WEED!
It was as tall as the hood of the car.
And it rolled slowly into view.
Like a zombie coming from the grave.
We were driving so fast.
There was no time to react!
In the blink of an eye.
SMASH!
Then it was gone.
And we continued onward.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

I was dreaming something....but I became aware of this whining noise.
And I realized. It was my dog wanting outside.
So I let her out.
Went back to bed.
And dreamt til 12:30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment