Saturday, August 18, 2012

A Day On The Farm

Whew.
I'm tired.
Like seriously tired.
Why?
I spent a day on the farm.
;) haha.
Okay not literally.
But I did work alot.
You see my morning started out with cleaning out the kitchen in preparation for the day.
>.< Dishes. My least favorite chore to do.
Unless there is a sprayer, then that's a lot of fun. ^^
lol But my day started out with one of our canning jars getting stuck in the drain.
^^;; heh....I had been draining the water out, and the jars moved around and one just got sucked down.
Unfortunately that jar had to be broken in order for us to finally pull it out.
:( Poor jar....it probably had some other problem >.> It would have poisoned us or something.
Soo we started out the day with one less jar, but all the others were now squeaky clean.
<.< Though we didn't use any of the jars today. :)
We emptied them.
You see. We've been drying canned fruit.
^^ Sooo Good! Its one of my new favorite snack foods.
Because canned fruit has like sugar in it.
And if its been canned for a couple of years....basically when you dry the fruit it ends up being 'candied' kinda.
Its sweet and I love it ^^
So a goodly amount of our canned nectarines were drained and placed in the air driers to make them more like fruit leather. ^^ I can't wait to eat them. ^^
And then.... we moved onto wheat.
I really don't understand why we need wheat as....bread isn't often made in our home. But we bagged and sealed a couple of dozen bags before I got the fun task of running up and down the stairs to get the bags from upstairs to the basement storage area. HEAVY!!
Okay. So I took a small break from feeling like I was 'on the farm' with my Daddoo
To playing at being a fashionesta with my Motherdearest.
Yep. We went shopping for clothes!
Who knew taking on and off clothes could be so tiring when you're trying them on to buy?
Well...it is. But the end story is that I have a new wardrobe. ^^
I'm so excited to wear my new clothes ^^
But first I returned to the farm to clean up and go shake some trees.
Yep Shake some trees.
I haven't climbed a tree in ages.
Oh man it felt so good to be back among the branches and in the sky.
lol though the branches weren't too happy to have me shaking them to pieces so we could get the almonds from the tree onto the ground and into our tummies.
I felt like I'd been through a war zone afterwards with scrapes up and down my arms. ^^;;
Still I felt so super oober cool (i like using oober recently -blame D.N. Angel episode 26 in English)
Climbing up around and over the almond trees.
You could say I felt at home. :)
I love climbing. Love it because I'm comfortable climbing.
I felt like such a monkey today clambering all over the trees ^^ lol
Finally my farm day ended with my daddoo and I shucking the almonds as the sun headed to the horizon and me enjoying the fresh tomatoes from the garden ^^ Yellow pear shaped tomatoes. Those are my favorite kinds. ^^

Whew. I'm exhausted and sore. :)
It was fun though ^^ I enjoyed working, especially when I can reap the benefits of the work ^^ Quality time with family, dried fruit, and almonds and new clothes! :) ^^

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

There was the wicked witch from the Snow White story in her old woman form. She was trying to keep the Prince and Snow White apart but the steadfastly refused to leave each other so she eventually gave her blessing on the two and I ended up with my friend Allison in a big mansion area with tons of red. She was trying on wedding dresses for her wedding day and eventually settled on a dress that had a pinkcreamish type color to it. There were other girls trying on dresses around me, one girl with long dark hair was worried about getting the same dress as someone else as she wanted to be unique in her white and red dress. In the middle of the bustle I got a letter from Tanner -a member of Vocal Point- we were pen pals and had been exchanging letters back and forth. It was exciting to get a letter from him as I had been feeling down...

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment