Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Piano Music From The Air

I enjoy surprises.
Love them lots and lots.
Especially when I happen to be in the right place at the right time.
You see.... I went to the institute today.
For a change of scenery and to just get that institute vibe resonating within me.
And there....were a lot of institute teachers there.
It looked like a regional gathering or something for seminary/institute teachers.
I didn't think much of it, and went and found a quiet corner in plain sight where I could intermingle with people I knew as they walked by.
And in the midst of writing.
I heard it.
Coming from the speakers above my head.
A familiar voice. Then a familiar song.
Jon Schmidt.... was IN the Institute Building!
He was there giving a talk to the people gathered there.
And his talks...always include lots and lots of music ^^
As he has lots and lots of songs he can play on the piano. ^^
I saw him in concert a couple of years ago.
Where I discovered my favorite song of his.
He didn't play it today, but his very presence reminded me of my favorite song by him.
Unfortunately...I couldn't find any YouTube videos of him playing it himself.
But this works well enough. :)

Presenting to you!

Winter Wind by Jon Schmidt (played by someone else in this video)



I love this song so!! ^^
It can have so many meanings in life.
Like...being in a competition. :)
You can decide if the person wins...or loses.
But for now I can say this!

Congrats Olympic Medalists!

Gold: China, United States, Great Britain, Russia, Japan, France, Germany, Australia, South Korea, Italy Netherlands, Canada, Hungary, New Zealand, Ukraine, Romania, Iran, Belarus, Denmark, Brazil, Poland, Kazakhstan, Cuba, Sweden, Spain, North Korea, Czech Republic, Kenya, South Africa, Jamaica, Ethiopia, Slovenia, Croatia, Georgia, Dominican Republic, Switzerland, Lithuania, Algeria, Grenada, Venezuela

Silver: China, United States, Great Britain, Russia, Japan, France, Germany, Australia, South Korea, Italy, Netherlands, Canada, Hungary, New Zealand, Romania, Iran, Belarus, Denmark, Brazil, Poland, Cuba, Sweden, Spain, Czech Republic, Kenya, Mexico, South Africa, Jamaica, Slovenia, Colombia, Slovakia, Croatia, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belgium, India, Dominican Republic, Switzerland, Egypt, Estonia, Indonesia, Mongolia, Norway, Serbia, Tunisia, Chinese Taipei (Taiwan), Cyprus, Finland, Guatemala, Malaysia, Thailand

Bronze: China, United States, Great Britain, Russia, Japan, France, Germany, Australia, South Korea, Italy, Netherlands, Canada, Hungary, New Zealand, Ukraine, Romania, Iran, Belarus, Denmark, Brazil, Poland, Kazakhstan, Cuba, Sweden, Spain, North Korea, Czech Republic,Kenya, Mexico, Jamaica, Ethiopia, Slovenia, Colombia, Slovakia, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belgium, India, Lithuania, Estonia, Indonesia, Mongolia, Norway, Serbia, Tunisia, Greece, Moldova, Qatar, Singapore, Argentina, Hong Kong, Kuwait, Morocco, Puerto Rico, Saudi Arabia, Trinidad & Tobago, Turkey, Uzbekistan

May the competition be just as fierce tomorrow! :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was on an airship as a bomber looking plane loaded up with passengers. It lined up on the runway and was getting ready to take off, but somehow it ended up with a jagged hole in the side that was huge. People began streaming out when a big helicopter looking plane crashed into it tearing both planes apart. In the second plane, a young man of 18 or so jumped into the pilots cockpit and was seen struggling with the controls as there were threeish people behind him in the helicopter part. it was all visible because one side had been torn completely away. There was a balding man, an older woman, and another younger person. My family and I were watching them struggle. The 18 year old called for them to get out, but nobody moved....and then the whole thing was engulfed in a fireball of flame. I turned away because I didn't want to see the bodies burn, the lives that had just been snuffed out because I knew they were dead. I could smell the burning, and there were pieces of fur that blew past me. And this black...Labrador/sheepdog ran past me....with its mouth blown off. It looked like the end of a cartoon gun that gets sheared back. It wasn't pretty to look at, but the owners were happy that the dog was still alive and another person said that it could still eat. Looking at the dog again, it didn't seem so much that the mouth had been blown away but just that the fur had come up around the mouth making it look like it had been blown up. In order to assess damages and go repair the ship we beached the boat in South Korea, with little Italian looking villas up on the hill overlooking the beach. People started getting off the boat, but I couldn't get off because we didn't know where my passport was, and I needed to have that in order to get off, so instead I wandered over to the beach...next to the boat because it was still considered to be part of the boat or something to hang out. Afterwards I went to my parents bathroom to take a shower and clean up. I was in my swimming suit washing out my hair and brushing my teeth. The tub had clumps of hair and stuff floating around and on the edges like the place had never been dusted off (this is from watching Hoarding Buried Alive, my parents bathroom is really quite clean) I lifted up the mat on the bottom of the tub and found out that the people just put down a new mat over the old one. there were layers of them, and inside were pieces of floss tools and other disgusting things.Seriously...I was creeped out by how hairy this bathtub was and all the stuff that was building up in the drain because nobody cleaned up the place. I was sitting in the tub looking in the mirror when I noticed that my right eye tooth seemed to have fallen back in my mouth. like it was behind my other teeth in the roof of my mouth. I thought that if I could just put enough pressure on the tooth that it would move forward again...but as I did so, my fear came true and the tooth came loose, half of it hanging down and half of it still in my mouth. I ended up pulling the tooth out. -feeling devastated- And felt the empty space with my tongue. I halfway hoped that I could just put it back and it would stay and reconnect because my mouth felt super weird because the teeth no longer lined up and it felt like the bottom teeth were touching the top of my mouth and it just felt awkward. I laid the tooth on the counter (in a clean spot) and turned back to the tub, there wasn't anything I could do for my tooth at the moment, but I was sick of being in a disgusting bathroom, so I knelt by the tub and pulled out a yellow squishy dinosaur -the swimming one with the long neck- and worked on unburying it from the hair it was wrapped up in along with another bigger toy - (I woke up briefly to check that my tooth hadn't actually fallen out. It hadn't! yay!) I was in my bedroom...when the clouds began to darken and my companions and I realized....it was coming. A storm that would bring monsters and such. So we took tape and stuck a line over the window so we could could then put up cardboard covers over the window in order to protect ourselves. At some point we had a problem with getting the tape on right or the cardboard but we managed to cover the windows in my old bedroom before we went downstairs...and tried covering up sections of the patio. I was a bit confused as to why we were trying to tape and cardboard the outside area with the guy because I had a bad feeling. A really bad feeling. Finally I said. "Lets go back inside where its safer" So we went through my parents backyard door into their basement. I turned back and there....was a Utah Raptor..Velicoraptor? staring back at us. -the source of my bad feeling. It chased after us and we ran.....years had past since the 'invasion' I was living in a trailer next to a racetrack -running not racecar- and we were having the Olympics for the first time. I participated in three...different events. Hurdles, some bars, and another one...and ended up with five silver medals, a bronze, and one gold....maybe it was just five medals together. And they were unique that on the back of each medal was an engraven picture of me that a photographer had taken while I was participating in the events or just waiting around for the next event. Oddly enough the main focus of the picture wasn't me...I could tell that one of the people in the picture was me through my hair or something, but it seemed like they were just group shots of people talking and such or watching races or stuff and when one of us won they would take a picture that had us in it and put it on the back of the medal. Like Kikay was on the back with me in a crowd in one of them as well. After a surprise win by myself in the gold medal race, I headed over to the portapotties as a group of people were working on something to help with the invasion. There was a boy there, dark haired, tall, cute, handsome...that looked a bit like Zack there. He was my boy friend....but I had done something wrong, and they all believed that I was the reason why the invasion had happened, or that I had cheated...I wasn't supposed to have won the most medals. I was hurt that my boyfriend wouldn't believe me so I took up some toothpicks with numbers on them and went to the side of the red rock cliff to prove that I was worthy of my medals. As I ran/climbed up the side of the cliff I would stick the toothpicks in soft ground to mark the new path as I raced to the top. Friends called to me that I didn't have to do this, but I didn't listen. I was hurt that I was thought to be bad so I was proving that I was good. I reached a slick rock area that had grooves that looked like water ran down and pooled in the area and climbed up to a ledge that would lead me around the cliff to the other side, I happened to look up and saw a hawk...falcon... A falcon staring back at me. I froze as I didn't want to disturb the bird, and also saw a scaly greenishbrownyellow looking egg in one of the crevices. The bird picked up the egg and flew away and I relaxed, but then I looked a bit closer to myself and saw a nest with feathers scattered all around and two baby birds in the nest. I had hoped that i hadn't scared away the bird for her chicks but I didn't really want to go back down. But the bird reappeared and we became close friends he and I. His name was Jake and he took me around to the other side of the canyon. We walked together holding hands (he was now human) and came into a valley full of giant sized furniture. Black leather couches, brown coffee tables, white lamps, and the like. We didn't recognize them as furniture (I did in the back of my mind) but saw them as land marks. I was amazed at the construction and the detail. It looked so wonderful. I was really happy with Jake as well, and we came into town together (a western style town) but others didn't seem to approve. They didn't want Jake in town, or me...but there we were. We went into the coffeeshop/postoffice/library for a reason and we got to talking with another lady about the wooden wall and how I remembered there being multicolored glass that looked like waves or flames where the wooden wall was, but that it had been destroyed and that had set the curse on the land. Curiously though we pulled back the wooden wall, since the bookshelves went down behind it meaning that the wall was a false wall, and discovered the multicolored wall....was still there. It was cracked but still there. After all these years. I touched the glass and it shattered into a million pieces. Jake, the girl and I thought that if we could put every piece back in its place we would fix everything. So Jake and I knelt down and began brushing together all the pieces into a pile. The woman 'hid' us by putting a table in our way so people coming in wouldn't see us and see what we were doing because we didn't want the evil witch to know we were trying to fix the wall. So we gathered up all the yellow pieces of rock/glass to work on putting the mirror back together before something bad happened to Jake when....

the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment