Saturday, August 4, 2012

Printing by Lifting

My printer had a bit of a freak out the other day.
The type of freak out where you say print...and it doesn't print....
Where it doesn't believe there is paper, when you say there is paper,
or colored ink, when you say there is colored ink.
So what to do?
Well...I put in an old ink cartridge that was empty.
And stuck it in there, the flashing light stopped, but still no ink.
So I did a test.
Whew. The ink was so faint it barely showed up on the paper if I tilted it right.
But the printer just didn't print.
No, I noticed that whenever I lifted the lid of the printer to fiddle with stuff, that the paper in the tray would move, and actually go through the ink cartridge and have that 'print'
But when I kept the lid down....no movement.
Lift it up, movement.
So, switching back to the first colored ink cartridge which actually did have ink in it.
I spent fifteen or so minutes lifting up the lid
so the printer could print a line.
close it.
lift it another printed line.
and close it.
Again and again until the printer kick started itself and just printed automatically.
It wasn't a full kick start. I had to re kick start the printer a time or two with the lid lifting,
but it worked.
And what I needed to print, printed ^^
Yay :)

Speaking of kick starts. Or just starting in general.

Congrats Olympic Medalists!

Gold: United States, China, Great Britain, Russia, Japan, France, Germany, Australia, South Korea, Italy, Canada, Netherlands, New Zealand, Romania, Ukraine, Belarus, Brazil, Kazakhstan, North Korea, Cuba, Hungary, Denmark, South Africa, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Croatia, Ethiopia, Jamaica, Georgia, Lithuania, Switzerland, Venezuela

Silver: United States, China, Great Britain, Russia, Japan, France, Germany, Australia, South Korea, Italy, Canada, Netherlands, Romania, Belarus, Brazil, Cuba, Hungary, Denmark, South Africa, Poland, Czech Republic, Mexico, Slovakia, Sweden, Colombia, Spain, India, Croatia, Belgium, Indonesia, Kenya, Mongolia, Norway, Serbia, Chinese Taipei (Taiwan), Egypt, Guatemala, Thailand

Bronze: United States, China, Great Britain, Russia, Japan, France, Germany, Australia, South Korea, Italy, Canada, Netherlands, New Zealand, Romania, Ukraine, Belarus, Brazil, North Korea, Cuba, Hungary, Denmark, Poland, Czech Republic, Mexico, Slovakia, Slovenia, Colombia, Spain, India, Ethiopia, Jamaica, Belgium, Indonesia, Kenya, Mongolia, Norway, Serbia, Greece, Moldova, Azerbaijan, Hong Kong, Iran, Qatar, Singapore, Tunisia, Uzbekistan

May the competition be just as fierce tomorrow! :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

II woke up and got in my car, feeling super tired, but I needed to head up past the point of the mountain today. It was still dark outside, so I knew it was early if the sun hadn't come up yet. I couldn't understand why I was feeling so tired, until I looked at the dashboard clock and saw 4:00am on the screen. No wonder I was tired! I had only gone to bed like two hours ago. I didn't need to get up this early. So I took the point of the mountain exit, which was scary because the road actually goes up and down the point of the mountain in steep twisting turns. I was a bit angry at myself that I hadn't looked at the clock sooner. I had just wasted valuable gas that I would have to pay for, though I was hoping that Kikay wouldn't notice since the tank was still full and because it was super early in the morning and I hadn't meant to be driving..... I wasn't looking forward to driving on that point of the mountain road but that was where the on ramp to the other freeway to take me back home was. So I got in my lane and turned left up the canyon road so I could do a circle to end up going in the right direction. Kikay and I were in the grocery store buying groceries. I bought small things that lined the bottom of the cart while she bought bigger items because she had more money. As we got into the car I ended up in the middle of my grandparents hometown area. Fifth Southish and all that with the big man I was supposed to be protecting. He was like a mobster leader or something. Only we were in two different cars and he went speeding off for home saying "When you get home, wait in the car until I get there so I don't have to walk inside in the dark." i tried to keep him in sight in his white SUV Explorer but I soon lost sight, so I decided to just take the fastest route home. My group got home early and we went inside to rest an relax, grab some ice cream. The mobster came inside furious that we'd forgotten to wait for him. I wasn't too concerned, he hadn't waited for us....but one of the minions took someone precious to me and we had to go rescue her, we got into a helicopter and flew towards the beach where the guy demanded that I go find something before he would release her. I agreed and we went in search of this object and I ended up walking up a long hallway where there was a special meeting going to happen. It was in my college building off in the atrium area. It was a octagonal shaped glass room that was built entirely on the air over the ocean (I've dreamt of this building before) it was meant to be a hang out area for people who just wanted to relax. Not just college students. I saw my grandparents, my parents, Aunt L and Uncle B, among others. The place was crowded with swimmers because the atrium was mainly a swimming place since the ocean was right below it. I never liked this building because its first level tilted at a crazy angle, making me think that it would fall into the ocean. It didn't seem that stable of a building and I think I felt it wobble in the wind. I carefully walked along the ramps on the tilted angle making my way down to a lower level and hopefully finding the room where the meeting was supposed to be going on. I passed a 'senior section' where all the older people could hang out and enjoy the water without the teenagers giving them grief and eventually found the room. There was a security system set up, but I nearly walked past it with Clara, Ryan, Ben, and a couple other people from institute because security was distracted. They stopped us in time though and we showed them our receipts, and the security guy in the suit, said that because we were dressed up we were upgraded from 'weirdos' to 'formal' or something like that. Because most of us were nicely dressed (Ben was in a t-shirt and shorts and acting a bit hyper like usual) I thought it was weird we were placed in the weirdo category but didn't question our upgraded status. We headed down the hallway, but I got distracted with the underwater world. Me and my brother were trying to find buried treasure and we had created these boat like shoes that were orange in color and had wheels on the bottom so we could move through the bottom of the ocean better. I found alot of silver objects and toys under the water in old chests from ship wrecks. There were some spring devices where if you activated them, the spring would uncurl like a building and get bigger and bigger. I stopped that from happening. We moved through the water to a room an stepped into a fancy mansion area where there was a big fat woman sitting on the couch. We thought she was the secretary for the big guy, and she gave us permission to search the house for the object we were looking for. The place was huge, wide open and had gold and lining and...basically looked like a rich persons house. We searched all over for the object and came to the conclusion that the secretary was hiding it. As the only place we hadn't looked was the couch the secretary was sitting on. So I pulled up the cushion and found a bunch of puzzle pieces about the size of my hand. But more importantly I found the book! It was the third book in the series that we were looking for! But then....the woman got control of me (but now it was my companion) and trapped my companion with all her little minions underneath the cushion. She just very much took charge. I coward on the floor right next to her as she told me exactly what we'd be doing as we were now her servants. While she was talking I managed to slip the book under the cushion to my companion (it had fallen on the floor) as I gathered up some other books to try and hide the fact that I didn't have the book then. But she asked me to give her the book. So I said "It's right here." and I got perplexed that the book in the stack I pulled out wasn't her book. (I had momentarily forgotten what I'd done with it.) I searched through the stack, but nothing.The woman picked up a book and then pulled out the other book from the cushions and said 'Oh, the covers somehow got switched." the cover from the cushion which had had flames on it before now looked like the "3rd" harry potter book (I think it was the 7th book cover) She switched out the covers so that the books were matched up properly. She then looked up into the sky and said "Father, I need three strong minions to help me around the house, please make one of my minions stronger. Please." and she threw a mini tantrum fit as she pulled the cushion off the couch revealing all the minions including my companion. She was scared out of her min as she suddenly straightened and became beefy muscly. Which didn't look good on her but the father had chosen which three minions to make stronger and she was one of them. Then the secretary (who was actually the person in charge/the owner) told us that all her 'little pets' could go find something to eat now. -all her minions. So we left the couch and headed to the microwave/fridge area where there was a touch screen with menus of different things we could eat. Fluffy quickly picked out her order, but I was still struggling to decide. It was hard to go through the menu when everyone else kept pushing the menu up and down from where I was looking.....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment