Wednesday, August 29, 2012

One Truth Prevails

You know what really got me into reading?
Mysteries.
The case of "Who done it?"
Reading about cases.
Trying to figure out who is the perpetrator.
I gobbled it up in Elementary school.
Boxcar Children, Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys, and The Cat Who... books were the only mystery books I really got into...as they were basically the only mystery books at the school library. The first three were more kid books and there weren't other young adult mystery books that I found...the Cat who... I found....somehow...I don't remember actually. At the end of elementary school I found the fantasy genre and went after that full speed ahead.
But still, there is just something about a mystery.
Its been forever since I picked up a mystery book.
Yet I still have that love for them.
Happening across the crime scene. Getting involved, meeting the suspects, trying to figure out who actually committed the crime. It was thrilling to me and still is lol.
I wonder if I got into Scooby Doo because of reading Mystery Books....or visversa.
In any case, I still have a strong fascination for solving cases.
They just were transferred into TV shows.
CSI, CSI Miami, CSI New York, The Mentalist, Lie To Me, Moonlight, Castle, Psych, New Amsterdam.... so many different crime shows popped up on TV and me and my parents would sit together and watch them.
At least for the first couple of seasons. lol It seems like CSI has been going on forever and ever...however moving away to college...I kinda lost track of when the crime shows were on. Or else they were on as the same time as new interesting shows....who knew. But one by one I've lost track of/interest in crime shows and picked up another one.
I must say my favorite of them is Castle because its about a mystery author who helps to solve crimes. As a writer myself this show is fascinating to me. :) lol Psych is also one I'll watch occasionally. I only really discovered it a year or so ago....I think it was at a party and we watched the first episode...idk where, but the light hearted humor, general lack of blood, and craziness of Shawn has me watching the various episodes that show up randomly on TV. Yah...Psych is one show where I love to watch it, and I haven't seen all the episodes of every season yet. lol That makes for interesting watching. :)

Do you remember a little while ago when I was like "I need a new TV show?"
A show where I would have my attention caught and would have me wanting to watch more?
Well...I was in denial.
I was trying to convince myself to not get caught up in a show my Roommate showed me just before she moved out.
We had watched an episode together...it hadn't quite caught my interest though.

What was this show?
It's called Case Closed.
It's a Japanese anime show about a 17 year old detective (who's way into Sherlock Holmes) who solves difficult crimes for the police in a Sherlock like fashion. He observes scenes and people and makes connections other people won't. But, he sticks his nose in the wrong place at the wrong time and ends up being given poison -a new drug- that has the rare side effect of turning him back into a kid. In order to make the people think that he's dead, he only confides who he really is into a couple of people, and is working to find a way to be his regular 17 year old self again. In the meantime he attaches himself to  detective who's lost his 'game' -a lousy detective and helps him solve cases without most people realizing that the kid is the one solving the cases and not the detective.

Like I was saying, I watched the first episode -in Japanese with English subtitles- with my roommate, and I wasn't impressed. But with the first episode ending before the guy is turned into a kid....I eventually went searching for episode two and found it in English. Surprisingly I really like the voices of the English actors sooo I switched to watching case closed in English. So I watched episode 2 and thought. "Huh. Cool....but I wonder....when does he turn back into his 17 year old self?"
So I looked it up. Found the episodes and watched them.
My "new TV show" post was written between episode 2 and the 'you're normal!' episodes so I hadn't done more then dip my toe into the waters though I had the feeling that I would get more into this show.
And boy is it a long running show. 15 seasons in all though only...three or four of the seasons have been translated into English so at some point I'll probably switch back to Japanese.
I kinda wish "Jimmy" would remain "Jimmy" for longer periods of time.
It's not going to happen though. If he permanently became normal again....the show would end since the plot is "How do I become 17 again?!" lol. Its like Psych in a way. If people found out he wasn't actually a psychic then the show would end as well. Though that really isn't the case with Castle...where Castle and Beckett finally got together...and they're actually having another season...so who knows it could happen lol :)

Anywho...after watching the 'you're jimmy again episodes' I was hooked.
The show is funny and interesting and watching how Jimmy deals with being a kid is actually fun to watch. Plus its a creative show with new gadgets and such being introduced, people getting suspicious, crimes being solved.
Lol I almost feel like I'm watching Nancy Drew and/or the Hardy Boys...its exciting, it has my mind turning with possibilities and I just can't bring myself to stop watching it lol. :)
Its like being a kid again and finding a cartoon that is funny without needing to go to crude humor most of the time. Its a show I want to watch. :)
I love the opening and ending themes as well -some music you kinda just wish for it to end, others you could listen to every thirty minutes as you go from episode to episode.
Plus....I really like Jimmy's catch phrase "One Truth Prevails." Its a good motto. :)
hmmm I really want to watch another episode....
......like right now.
>.>
<.<
Yep...must know what happens on the next episode!! :) lol

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was in my mom's bedroom going through the drawers in her vanity because I was looking for my passport and SSN as I had misplaced them. In the top left drawer with all the pens and random cords I finally found them on the side of the drawer along with my brother's passport as we both had misplaced them. I was really happy to find them as I would need them for the future. Suddenly there was a boy in the backyard flying on a plane...but it had lost its wings. He was riding it kinda like a cowboy would ride a mechanical bull and he could direct where the plane would go by how much sunlight was exposed to the plane. More sun the higher it rose. Less sun the more likely it would to go lower to the ground. It was a crazy ride fraught with powers, but he touched down in our backyard amazed at what he was able to do. It's basically just gotten new super powers...but he wasn't quite sure how to control them. At one point an agency dedicated to finding and killing super powered people found him. He was in a tank on the back of a truck full of water. He looked a bit like Ryan Reynolds and he was having trouble keeping his form as it was all watery. He was trying to keep himself human, but he was struggling to not splash around all over the place. Finally by focusing on his spine and nervous system (like the images of them) he was able to stay together, just in time to run because the bad guys were after him. He dodged their attempts at catching him, running through our garden and climbing trees to get away when....

the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment