Thursday, August 16, 2012

Support To Get The Big Ones

There are days when I wonder where my support system is. Or who/what I consider a support system for when times get hard. I also wonder if the support is mutual or is one sided and whether or not I'm being supported more then I care for, or whether I'm supporting somebody else more then I should to the detriment of myself. Its like the story of the Oxen in the Yolk. with mutual support more weight can be born and the trials in life are easier....or as its said in the story below....

Elder Charles "Tiny" Grant, one of our fine regional representatives, shared an experience with us.
He said that some years ago while he was the football coach at Ricks College, he met a man named Hal Barton, who was famous for his love of fishing.
He was warned, however, that "although Hal knows where to find the big fish, he often goes into strong waters to find them."
Their first opportunity to go fishing together was in February as the ice was breaking up.
As they walked together up the river, Hal pointed to an island about fifty yards away and said, "Coach, that is where we will find the big ones."
The day was cold, and now they had to cross a dangerous part of the river.
The coach soon discovered that the rocks were round and slick, and the water was only inches from the top of his waders.
Since he is six feet five inches tall, that meant it was deep.
He was about to tell Hal that he was afraid he couldn't cross the water, but realized that the football coach could not admit that he was afraid.
Just then Hal said, "Coach, this is how we are going to cross the water. You take a step and get a firm footing while I hold your hand and arm steady. Then I will take a step while you stand firmly and furnish the support. We will work our way through this roiling, swift water over these slippery rocks."
With this mutual support, they crossed the river safely and caught the big ones.

-M. Russell Ballard -Purity Precedes Power -October 1990 General Conference

There will be times when it seems like the water will be too deep to cross. But with two people to find firm ground instead of one, crossing isn't as tedious and your crossing is firmer and safer and in the end you might get a bigger reward then if you'd just stayed on the bank alone. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

 

The Dream

I was at an old bar at the bottom of a hill by itself in the middle of a forest with two other guys. We were all in the military and were having a lunch break. The three of us were like best friends always looking out for each other. It seemed like we were peacefully eating steak one minute and then the atmosphere got a bit tense and we ended up being under attack from above. We all broke into a run dashing into the forest though me and one of the guys- Alex I think was his name got into a jeep like vehicle and drove trying to find cover in the forest. We were bouncing around all over the place and ended up going over a cliff into the ocean. The attacks stopped but we were lost at sea drifting this way and that. One day we spotted land and struck out for it, but before we reached land we were captured by Japanese soldiers and made into POWs. They gave us two options, either we fight for them in their war, or we die. The two of us ended up fighting for the Japanese in their war against the British. We were in skeletal looking fight pilot planes -it was like we were just in the framework of the plane. We flew through the air shooting at different objects, but we got separated when I got shot down. I was captured by the British military and was basically made to work for them, but I ended up running for my life up the hill of my old elementary school and encountered an overhang of rock with blue and red stalactites beginning to form. At some point I encountered J.K. Rowling who was like the queen and she asked me if I had read any of her Harry Potter books. Long story short, I finally made it back to the states after being gone and a prisoner for years and years. I walked up the steps of the library to an area outside the ACIPP lab that had benches like those found in a church and there sitting on the benches them waiting for class to start like I was were my buddies Alex and Riley. They had survived as well. It was more of a happy reunion between me and Alex as Riley was a but distracted with the girl sitting behind him. Alex asked me how I had survived and I told him the whole sequence of events of what had happened to me. He told me a bit about his but the bell rang and we needed to go to class. I said I would see them later and I wandered away down the church hallway to the primary room. I knew my mom worked with the primary so I stuck my head in and there she was. She didn't notice me right off the bat so I tapped her on the shoulder. She turned and gave me a hug surprised to see me there. We tried to talk and catch up but the primary kids were doing a project and one of the girls didn't have a teacher to help her so one of the guy teachers told my mo that she should help. We sat down next to the short haired blonde girl and were discussing what had happened to me as we worked on a boat. My mom glanced at the refreshment table with just drinks on it and frowned saying she had sent Duane to get cookies like thirty minutes ago and that he should be back by now. Then in the windows next to us a shadow passed. My mom looked up and said "Oh there's the titanic" as a big black/white/red ship passed by the windows with its black smokestacks smoking away. I stared at the ship in surprise, but my mom clarified saying "Oh its actual name is (i can't remember the name), but I just call it the Titanic because it looks like the Titanic but at least Duane is back with the cookies now. I blinked and I was sitting in my parents bedroom originally working on a blog post where I was writing down my blog, but then I realized I'd somehow put my blogpost on a post I'd already posted about. Somehow instead of clicking 'new post' I just went into one of the older ones. I sat on my parents foot board working on a diorama project as I tried to figure out where I'd gone wrong in posting, where I was putting trees on my parents set of drawers in a small diorama sort of thing and I had a bunch of dragon toys of brown and yellow color that I was trying to incorporate into the scene by putting them on trees and such to try and make them blend in a little when I encountered another girl in my home and it looked like she was wearing my birdshell ring, though the beak was longer and more like a pelican then my dove but I didn't see how she could have a similar ring so it had to be mine until I looked at my hand and realized that I was wearing my bird ring....

...When the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)
-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment