Thursday, October 25, 2012

A Regretful Night

A personal act of kindness or reconciliation also has an impact for peace.
Lincoln's biographer described such an act.
A Union officer applied to his commander-in-chief for permission to leave his regiment to attend to the burial of his wife.
Lincoln gruffly refused.
Another battle was imminent, and every officer was needed.
The next morning President Lincoln reconsidered and granted the request.
He went to the room of the grieving man, took his hand and said:

"My dear Colonel, I was a brute last night. I have no excuse to offer. I was weary to the last extent; but I had no right to treat a man with rudeness who had offered his life for his country, much more a man who came to me in great affliction. I have had a regretful night, and come now to beg your forgiveness."

-Dallin H. Oaks -World Peace - April 1990 General Conference

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I remember that Meralto, my brother, was in it....but not much more beyond that.

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment