Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pumpkins Pumpkins Everywhere!

It's the season to get a carving or decorating! Woot!

Soo a week or so ago, we had a pumpkin carving night at my ward.
Each apartment could carve one pumpkin. (:( Only one...sighs)
So LaKai and I carved this pumpkin!





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He has a moustache!! :D Hehe ^^;;
LaKai and I wanted a pumpkin with a moustache so we made one! :D
 
Here he is all lit up! :D
:( Only the sad thing about pumpkins when they're carved....
Is that they go moldy pretty quickly.
Yah...Kikay and I came home from General Conference up at my parents to a rather scary pumpkin.
I didn't take a picture of it as Kikay and I rushed it out to the dumpster ASAP with me protecting my hands with a pair of medical gloves.
But here's a mental picture to illustrate.
The smile had flattened to an old woman's creepy smile.
The eyes were filmed over with black mold.
And inside the pumpkin, long white hair-like mold, similar to the hair you see on Einstein was growing all around.
Plus..it was dripping pumpkin juice all over the place.
*shudders*
That was super creepy to come home to an evil looking pumpkin. :S
 
lol. ^^;;
Needless to say I enjoyed painting pumpkins more.
Remember  on Sunday that I said I was painting pumpkins during the last conference?
Well.
Here they are!! :)
 
First off mine. :)
 
Recognize who it is? :) lol
So the story behind my pumpkin....
Is that I really wanted to paint Spiderman.
Since my music video I've made...I've been a bit obsessed about it.
So I started out with Spiderman...only to discover,
that my imagination is more vivid and detailed,
then my painting skills can match.
He was looking a bit like a kindergarten painting.
Soo I erased that work,
and looked about for another inspiration.
First off, I saw Kikay and Daddoo doing faces.
So i was like: I should do a face too!
But of what?!
That's when I turned to my other kinda obsession.
Yep.
Case Closed.
haha. I was trying to do a face of Conan Edogawa.
And it worked! Because Kikay took one look at my pumpkin and went: Conan?
Yep.
Though, to everyone else who doesn't watch Case Closed...it's just a fun pumpkin face. :)
 
Now! To the others!
Daddoo's
So many colors. :D lol. I really like the teeth on this pumpkin ^^
 
Kikay:
 
So CUTE and ADORABLE! :D

Is she looking at Conan? Hmmm I wonder... ;)
 
Meralto decided to go against the grain and did his Meteor Maverick logo. :)
 
And finally!
Mother Dearest's Pumpkin! :)
lol. Actually...Kikay and I collaborated on this pumpkin and painted it for her! :3
 
Hehe. :)
Kikay had heard me mention that I was trying to do Spiderman...and she thought.
Why not? And painted Spiderman's eyes.
I was tempted to leave the pumpkin just with the eyes.
But then my creative side got to me.
And so I painted the rest of the face. ^^;;
I tried to keep the Spiderman theme...by using the red and blue. :) lol
 
 
And there you have it. ^^;;
Our pumpkins!
It was actually a lot of fun, just to sit down and paint faces like when we were younger. Though Daddoo would draw the faces for us kids and then we'd paint them. lol.
It seems like recently we've been doing the more 'artsy' pumpkins with people and scenes and such painted on them.
Just doing a simple face....was relaxing. ^^
 
Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!
 
-Sarnic Dirchi



No comments:

Post a Comment