Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Overcoat

Junius Burt of Salt Lake City, a longtime worker in the Streets Department, related a touching and inspirational experience.
He declared that on a cold winter morning, the street cleaning-crew of which he was a member was removing large chunks of ice from the street gutters.
The regular crew was assisted by temporary laborers who desperately needed the work.
One such wore only a lightweight sweater and was suffering from the cold.
A slender man with a well-groomed beard stopped by the crew and asked the worker, "You need more than that sweater on a morning like this. Where is your coat?"
The man replied that he had no coat to wear.
The visitor then removed his own overcoat, handed it to the man and said, "This coat is yours. It is heavy wool and will keep you warm. I just work across the street."
The street was South Temple.
The Good Samaritan who walked into the Church Administration Building to his daily work and without his coat was President George Albert Smith of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
His selfless act of generosity revealed his tender heart.
Surely he was his brother's keeper.

Thomas S. Monson -My Brother's Keeper -April 1990 General Conference

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was sitting on a school bus...maybe a city bus, and Kikay was next to me. Ahead of me a gunman opened up fire shooting through the seats. I pulled Kikay next to me and we slid down in our seats trying to avoid the bullets. I didn't want Kikay to get hit, so I was trying to figure out how to survive. But as the bullets went through the seats, Kikay laid down against me....and I feared she'd been hit,

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment