Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Finger Painting Night

I think we have a new tradition in our apartment.
Every year... we do a roommate painting project. :)

You remember the post about the quote wall and how Kikay and I decided to move it to a different spot? Well that left us with a big empty white wall right by our entrance way.
Now...we couldn't just leave it like that.
I mean the rest of our apartment is so decorated that the emptiness is pretty obvious.
So in our talks Kikay, LaKai and myself ended up deciding that at some point we would have a finger painting night.
And fill up that wall with pictures. :)
So Sunday night.
LaKai decided that it was the night.
And so we painted.

lol.
I have to say, it was alot of fun, but compared to the others I feel like my pictures are a kindergarten painting compared to the others more...artistic images. :)
But I'll let you decide. :)

Up first. Our new roommate WiYen

 
She only had time to do this one image. But I really like it. lol :) It made me wish that I was doing a tree. haha. :)
 
Kikay did three amazing pictures. -I'm having her come next so her amazingness and my creativity aren't so easily compared. ;) haha.
Little Red Riding Hood
 
Rapunzel
 







And the Swan Princess
 
:) lol I love her theme that's going on here. :) Tis alot of fun and great to look at.
I really can't believe she did this just painting with her fingers.
 
Up next is LaKai :)
 
Hummingbirds and flowers :)
 





Some fantastic eyes. I came in today from work and the silver was really shining from the light coming in from the outside.
They're intense to stare at.
Hehe and with a bit of humor, we placed this picture right by the light switch. Soo if you're not paying attention, you might get a scare lol :)
 
 
and finally more flowers in the more abstract fashion. :) lol
LaKai actually started this painting first, but finished it later as she layered on a bunch of paint and needed to let it dry. :)
 
Now there's me.
:)
My thought process was "It's finger painting! That means you just put colors on the tips of your fingers and go at it creating as you go.
So my first painting which took a bit to do because the upper right corner was being a beast and not looking great....
Is this one:
 
LaKai said that it reminded her of a Dr. Seuss picture. heh :) lol
Personally I've called it "Island explosion."
:) I really liked using the bright colors and such,
but...compared to the others I feel this painting is a bit wild and....random.
I do like how the green 'palm tree' leaves turned out though ^^;;
 
Seeing what the others were doing, I toned down my painting skills and did this picture.
I actually tried to have a specific meaning for this picture.
Basically, I'm fondly remembering past pets. :)
Here's a closer up view of the three different animals :)
 
 








:) Yep :) Those are my pictures. :)
I had discovered doing my crazy Island Explosion.
That I really like scrapping away the paint from the canvas.
So that's what I did for my second one.
Layered on the white paint, mixed in a little color, and scraped away certain lines in to the animals I wanted to have. :)
 
All in all it was a lot of fun.
And alot of work to get all the paint of my fingers.
I had soo much white paint on me that when I peeled it off, the paint layer was white on one side and many different colors on the other side. :)
 
Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!
 
-Sarnic Dirchi
 
The Dream
 
I was with Aubrey trying to calm her down as she was having a hard day. I was trying to do my best to cheer her up, but I don't know if it was working...
 
-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment