Friday, October 26, 2012

The Maize Maze

Whew.
That was exhausting!
I mean...it's easy to get tired after work.
But this was beyond it...
so much I nearly just curled up in a blanket and dozed off on the couch all nice and warm and happy.

What happened?
Well, last night was a college night.
Where a city thirty minutes south of us had designed a corn maze with our college letters.
And last night, to those who showed up at certain clubhouses for certain student housing, would get free food, but also a wristband that would give us a discount price of $4 to get into the maze.

I felt a little guilty going along with this...
Mostly because I'm not in college....you know graduation and such.
But I still do go to Institute...so I guess I could technically still be in college....
yah.
In any case.
Kikay and I drove down to the maze, our wristbands on arm.

Upon arrival and a twenty minute wait in line.
-You know the cold makes the wait seem forever long..it was more like 10 mins lol
I remembered...actually I knew I just didn't know where it was true.
That the first 10 people from each complex get in free.
I laughingly mentioned this to Kikay, but didn't think much more on it.
Because there were lots of people in front of us.
And I didn't know how many people had already gone in from our student housing complex.
Even though we arrived like...two minutes after the starting time.

Anyways our turn came up.
I told the girl our student housing.
She checked the list.
Asked if Kikay was there too.
We said yes.
She wrote down two numbers.
8
and
9
And said. "K guys go on in."

!!!!!!!!
WE GOT IN FREE!!!!
Oh man that was totally EXCITING!!
lol it totally hyped me up. :D

Kikay and I were totally giddy lol. ;)
Especially because we both got in.
It would have been super sad
If I had been number 10...and Kikay had to pay. :S

In anycase.
Kikay and I set out into the maze.
With the intention to just wander.
So we purposely went up many a dead end path, as we worked to figure our way through this maze.
And as Mazes go...
It was a pretty Simple maze.
Not like the Cornbelly's one up by the point of the mountain.
Most of the 'choices' were just forks in the path, with little complexity.
It got annoying though.
To go down this super long path...only to find you were at a dead end.
I mean...that was cool and all because the other mazes didn't have long paths to no where.
I just wanted it to be..you know a bit easier to get lost lost in the stalks and not quite know where you were and have the corn taller then us....
But in any case.
Kikay and I had a great time wandering this way and that.
Debating about whether or not we should tell people the way was a dead end if they asked us.
I mean what fun is it to be in a maze if you're told which ways not to go.

>.>
Besides....

What if they were lying?
And what they told us was a dead end was actually the way out?

So even when we were told it was a dead end, most of the time we'd go up the path anyway to double check.

haha...as it happens.
We'd check out basically the rest of the maze.
Except one area where we'd been told it was just a valley of dead ends.

Kikay and I were like. "Well, we've looked at every other path of the maze...lets go this way!"
As we'd kinda figured out by now that the exit would be near the entrance of the maze which meant we'd need to head back that direction anyway, and this was the only direction we hadn't gone yet...
Haha.
I'm guessing that first group missed one of the paths...as there were alot of dead end paths in that section.
-Though Kikay and I didn't hit more then like one....
As somehow by instinct we just meandered our way blindly past dead end paths.
AND OUT OF THE MAZE!! WOOT!
We'd did it!!
I checked our phone, and guessed that with all our dead ending and such it took us about 40 minutes to get out of the maze.
:D Yay.
But then I voiced the question "Do you think we can get through it faster now that we know generally where we're going?"
Kikay took up the challenge and back into the maze we went!
lol We did hit a few dead ends as we tried to figure out just where we needed to go to get to that one spot of dead ends...lol it didn't help that we were doing this at break neck speed as Kikay's long legs covered ground super fast when she's in a hurry so at points I'd have to run to keep up.
lol it sure was a work out.
But once we reached the dead end section.
We quickly found our way...totally realizing there were more paths off into no mans land.
-Though we didn't take them.maybe one...maybe.
As our vision wasn't nearly so narrow minded and more paths opened up to us.
Yet we found our way out!
In 20 minutes :D
lol we cut our time in half. ^^
And by that point....Kikay and I were both pretty cold.
Plus...we figured that if we did go into the maze again....
we'd probably take longer as we'd second guess ourselves on the directions, especially since there were more paths to choose from then we realized the first time, but saw the second time and its hard to remember if we went left or right at certain forks....
lol
Though next time we do a corn maze....
We might go through it once from beginning to end....
and then maybe for fun.
Go back through the exit and find the beginning.. :)
lol.
It was Super Fun That maze! :D
Hopefully next year...it had a bit more interweaving and not so many long empty dead end paths. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

We were wandering through a haunted house with my roommate LaKai. We got to a certain section of the home where we had reached a dead end. LaKai slipped out of sight, and suddenly the floor below us opened up and dropped us into a cage below. LaKai now morphed to a darkhaired guy...kinda like Jared. wearing a laptop and totally pulling off the evil scientist vibe. I suddenly out of the cage, and feeling totally like an Igor in my costume went to go control the lever which would send a giant needle down into the cage to pierce the people there. Of course this was just to increase the scare factor. It wasn't for real. But...I noticed this other guy come up and put a chain around one of the levers saying that it would increase the power if we pulled together. However, I saw this as a trap. And tried to stop it. The needle came down..but I don't think it hurt anyone. But everyone was now freaked out and running like crazy because there was a mad man about.

When the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D 

No comments:

Post a Comment