Wednesday, October 24, 2012

When Plans Fail

Mental note to self.

Do not ever. Ever. Think in confident "I can do this really fast terms" when it involves work.

Story?
I already told you the story.
Last week I was going to be the only person opening the pet area of Starsmet and I had to do small pet bedding changes to boot. I had been planning to see how fast I could do everything in my time frame, confidently thinking I could get all but one or two of the tasks done before the store opened....
and then I got sick that day. And went slower then molasses and I was totally lucky that I had help decide to come in or the animals wouldn't have all been fed until nearly 1pm I'm sure.

Well. Yesterday.
In the midst of doing small pet cleaning again, I discovered that our "New Arrival" room was nearly empty of animals and I would be cleaning them today. So I totally was ecstatic. I could get this room done in like thirty minutes totally! And maybe in an hour for our sick room. Soo I would be done earlier and able to get more done before help showed up.
Wouldn't you know it....
It didn't happen.
Why?
Well...I don't do well with constantly getting up at 4am to get to work by 5am.....
and my body rebelled against me giving me a headache.
Which sleep usually helps to make go away.
I don't think I got enough sleep.
And meds weren't working that well for me.
So consequently I went to work, suffering from a headache. One that was sensitive to noise....and my headache was totally making me feel queasy.
Hence...my speed was slowed by half.
I was moving at a snails pace and it took me like two hours to do that one room that should have only taken me thirty minutes.
Luckily I lost myself in the work and lost my headache in the process so the sick room changes happened in an hour like I'd planned.

So, lesson learned.
NEVER EVER plan to do something quicker at work because then something will happen to make you go twice as slow.
Just stick to the 'regular' plan and do things with no 'time limit' in mind.
That way if you get quicker you get quicker and are pleasantly surprised.
Instead of way slower because for some reason you're made to go slower. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I really didn't like my dream last night.
For it involved loosing teeth...actually one particular tooth. One of my molars on the top left of my mouth...I think it was my second molar...no first molar...in any case...repeatedly in different scenarios...I would loose that molar. It would get loose and fall out of my mouth. And I would either try to keep it in my mouth or stick it in my mouth hoping that it will stay and that this was just a dream and it would be fine again soon. Sometimes it would just fall, other times half of it would come loose, other times I would look in the mirror and see it hanging by its roots and slowly have them break one spider string at a time, or look at my tooth and see that its completely hollow from rot, or that the tooth shed its outer layer leaving the inner layer exposed....all the while I was working at work, doing stocking in the back room with lots of bags of dog food. But with the tooth...I would try to make it stay...and it wouldn't...I would ignore it and my mouth would be fine again. I'd just randomly feel the space and the tooth would be there....

then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment