Friday, March 15, 2013

All My Own

I've always been told that running with scissors was dangerous.
But, yesterday I was told...that cutting with scissors was dangerous.
At least...using one blade to cut through the tape that held the bug boxes closed was dangerous.
After all....I could cut myself on the other blade.
Since there are two with scissors.

Yah... I think Cinres might have had a mini heart attack when he came up to me and saw me opening the boxes with a scissor blade.
At first I thought that he was just concerned that I would hurt the bugs inside...
Cus if they were near the top...I would have cut through them.
Nope...
He was concerned that I would cut myself on the scissors.
O.o
ooookaaay....
personally I think the blades are a bit too dull to cut me....
In any case, I told him that our box cutters had disappeared. -what we usually use to open the boxes.
Which was why I was using the scissors.

He said he would get me one.
Asked if I was left handed or right handed
And disappeared.

Knowing the craziness of the store,
I figured he wouldn't be back any time soon....
and I still had one more box to open.

Sooo I used the scissors again,
and cut open my hand.

Ooops.
;) haha.
Kidding kidding.
No, I just grabbed my keys and used the jagged edge to tear the tape away. :)
As I've discovered that works nearly as well as the scissors/box cutters.
And are way more convenient if I find myself in need of something to cut tape.

To my surprise.
Cinres showed up pretty quickly.
Much more quickly then I thought he would.
And he handed me....
A Red Box Cutter.

Apparently the red ones are meant for LEFTIES!!
Awesome!
I'd only really seen the green ones....for righties so this was just super cool lol.

He told me that this box cutter was for me.
My very own box cutter. :)
To keep with me always at work.
And not share with anyone, as they usually don't return.
lol.

Okay then.

Can I just say that I feel awesome?
Like more official now?
I have my very own box cutter! :) haha. :)

Now....
I wonder though.
Was I using the other box cutters in the past with my left hand? or my right hand?

I'm comfortable enough with my right hand that if it's easier to do something with my right hand, I'll switch to it.

So I had a moment of confusion.
Did I use the box cutters with my right or left hand?

As I didn't know that the box cutters were for righties....
Had I automatically used them with my right hand?

Thinking it over....
I think I didn't.
I would use my left hand.
Most likely though, I probably had the blade upside down so I could work the button that controls how far out the blade is.

Who knows.
but.
I now have a left handed box cutter!
So it all doesn't really matter lol. ^^;;
As long as I can use it I suppose.....

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.

Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was Cinderella in my big white ball gown, with my prince. We were off to get married...only my fairy godmother pulled me aside. I walked with her along a dirt road that twisted back and forth down the side of a hill. It was very rocky, and I heard the background of a story. I don't know if the fairy godmother told me, or if it was more of an 'exposition' where the author tells background that the main characters don't know.
Apparently there was....an evil sorcerer who....either got changed into or changed himself into a rock. Rounded on one end and more pointed on the other. And that the one who picked up his rock would have to help him out.
Only as time passed, his rock ended up in a roadway, buried among all the other rocks.
Forgotten.
Coming back to the present, I was looking at the rocks and saw this big green striped one as big as my head. I wanted it and went to pick it up, only to have two young boys come and take it from me first.
In desperation I grabbed a different rock (the sorcerer's rock) and offered them a trade.
They accepted it and I got my green stripy rock back.
Only....I didn't feel right.
I felt like I needed to get that other rock back
-I knew what the rock was...not sure I as Cinderella knew-
So I went after the boys.
An old buggy type car pulled up and in the passenger seat (the left side of the car) were the two boys. With them was the sorcerer and a bunch of other children.
I asked for them to trade the rock back, only mine had melted a bit like ice.
Still they returned the other rock to me gratefully.
And I realized that the sorcerer...needed help in taking care of all his children. As all the boys and girls in the car were his, for his wife had died leaving him alone to care for like...8 of them.
Even though I didn't like the idea of leaving my prince behind, I agreed to go with him, to help him....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment