Friday, March 1, 2013

The Green Trainer

I had the weirdest experience the other day.
It kinda felt like a missionary experience for me.
Not in the teaching the gospel aspect.
But more in the companionship aspect.

As I'm pretty new at work at Starsmet....though I suppose six months isn't that new anymore...I still consider myself as a 'greenie' as this is my first job anywhere.

Well...the other day Toc called me up and said:
"Hey Sarnic, at 11 you'll jump on register and soon after Tawl will join you. You'll be training him on how to work everything okay?"
()_() *small voice* Okay... ;) lol
"You'll do great, because you have a great talent for attention to detail so you'll be able to train him in everything."
lol.
Yah. I trained Tawl.
SO WEIRD!
I mean he's worked at Starsmet longer then I have...yet I'm training him on how to work the register?

But I did have that moment of panic right before stepping up to the plate of "I can't do this! I'm too green still! I'll make a mistake!"
And I wondered...if this is how the missionaries feel when they get transferred from trainee to trainer status. "I'm not ready!" lol. And then they step up to the plate and are awesome.

I'm not saying that I was awesome.
But...I think I did a pretty good job with the training.
lol, it was fun to interact with customers that day, as Tawl is grey-haired and I'm the young 'whippersnapper' lol customers more Tawls age kept asking "Who's training who?"
"Sarnic's training me." "Now you know, an old dog can learn new tricks"
lol.
But my favorite thing about seeing Tawl on the register, is that he refers to all the ladies as "pretty and young" even if they're older then he is. haha ^^ He's so sweet like that. He does have the charm to be on register and it's just fun to see him go "Oh yah!" or "Right right!" or "oooh!!!! I knew that!" when I remind him to press certain buttons. lol.

That was a fun hour of training for me. :) I still haven't shown him everything, as you don't encounter every situation every day. So he still has some of the 'odd and unusual' tidbits to learn.
But he's learning. :)
And hopefully it's not as scary for him as it was for me when I was trained on register.
Because I totally was like. ()_() *small voice* HELP!!
lol as I felt like they showed me two things and then left me there to fend for myself.
Yah...I called for help alot that day when the customers just didn't use the debit card or cash option. :)

Still, it's interesting...to be considered able enough to train someone else....
It makes me feel a bit more mature I suppose.
And more firmly rooted in the fact that I do know what I'm doing lol :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

My family and I were going on a trip...to like Disney world or something. Only...it wasn't quite my whole family. We had pepper our dog...but sometimes it seemed like Sadie was there instead even though I knew she was dead. we did have two dogs with us because my cousin jenny was there with her dog and kids and husband, and I was there with my family...only I had the sense that...my dad....i don't know. it was like he was there...but he wasn't there. like he'd died...but was still there. I have no idea. We all got into the little rowboat on the dock with the water coming into a seats and were rolled out to the plane and I was worriedly looking for my daddy when...

the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment