Wednesday, March 27, 2013

An Angry Call

Cold rage.
I haven't experienced it before the other day.
But I did.
Over the phone.

Dude had a problem within a problem.
I had no idea how to help him.
So I told him I'd talk to my manager.
Put him on hold.

Talked to the manager.
Manager was in a meeting.
Told me to get name and number.

So I got back to the guy.
Told him my Manager was in a meeting.
And if I could get a name and number.
The Manager would call him back.

He told me:
"No, I'd rather hang up now, stew about it for a while longer and then call back when I'm even more angry."

O.o
I couldn't tell if he was serious.
So in my shock.
"That doesn't sound like any fun." I responded.

His response. "No it isn't!" and went on to swear at me and then hang up.

O.o
He was serious.
Seriously in a cold rage.
Angry that a misunderstanding had happened, and he was having problems.

But seriously dude....we can't help you unless you let us help you.
Getting furiously angry and not thinking straight....plus swearing at an employee who was trying to help....and hanging up.
yah...you're going to get help that way.

And news flash...you're not the only person having problems in a day. Ever stop to consider that the manager was in a meeting to help someone else with problems?
*shakes head*

Some people.

Needless to say.
He totally threw me off my groove for the rest of work.
And when he called back...
I didn't answer the phone. I wasn't in the mood to get yelled at.

(Though I do wonder if it was his wife calling to apologize for her husband's behavior....)

In any case, I told the manager what happened.
And surprisingly.
The manager called the dude back.
-We did have the number. Caller id is handy.
Even if we didn't have the name of the dude.

Turns out...we really couldn't help him.

He wasn't happy.
Still obviously in a cold rage.
For he swore some more.

*shakes head*

I don't think he'll get his problem solved until he cools down.
That may take a while.

I'm just glad....that he didn't show up in person at work.
Cus from the way he sounded, it wouldn't have surprised me
to see some angry guy storming in.

Still...just experiencing that....
wasn't fun.
I hope I don't have to deal with that again any time soon.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment