Sunday, March 17, 2013

Pop Goes the Baggie

This may come to no surprise to everyone.
But you can pop things full of air.

Surprise!
lol.
I totally knew this.
It just didn't totally....click with the fish.

Yes. you can picture something wet now can't you?

It was wet.
Wet wet.

Okay, so I knew that it was possible to spring leaks in the bags of fish I give to customers.
Especially with young kids. They squeeze too tight, or in the wrong area.
and ta da! you have a small hole.
The fish themselves can also cause holes, like the plecos, with their sharp fins.

And I was aware that I didn't want to put too much air into the baggies.....

But some things just aren't in my control.

Like the placement of the fish tags in front of the tanks.
I had a bag of fish, went to the little machine to fill it up with air.
And jerked it down off of the machine...
right onto the corner of the fish tag.

POP!!!
SPLASH!!!
And water everywhere.
Luckily I managed to save the fish.
So they didn't meet the floor that day.

Sharp corners.
BAD.

But the air machine itself can be bad too. :S

This time I had a little African Dwarf Frog.
Minding my own business.
Chatting with the customers buying the froggie
as I filled the bag up with air.

BAM!
A loud pop echoed through the air.
Followed by the sound of splashing water.

Yah...the bag had popped.
Apparently I put just a little too much air into that bag and it popped.
lol I think I was like ()_()
For ten minutes afterwards because it was so loud.
Totally shocked.
I'd popped a fish bag....with water in it.
I'd thought it could happen.
But never thought it would happen.

My heart totally pounded for a bit, just from the adrenaline rush that came after that loud pop sound.
And the poor frog....
unfortunately met the floor.
But he's fine. :)
It wasn't that far of a fall.
^^;; 
Kikay says our own frogs have fallen just as far off the counter and survived.

>.>
<.<

So beware. Bags of water/air.  POP.
In a variety of ways. :)

Until you next see these words; 
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

My family from all over the world had gathered into my back yard to figure out how to deal with some black misty evil. There were these two cute boys sitting across from me and my sister. Distant cousins from across the globe. Cute too, missionary age...or return missionary age.
They looked at Kikay, got all wide eyed and asked "Are you Kikay!"
She was like O.o uhh...yah?
'We've read all about you! oh man you're so cool in the comics!"
Apparently, Kikay had her own superhero comic book persona that took events from our lives and made them ten times more epic.
Hesitantly/eagerly I asked them. "Am I in those as well?"
The nodded. "Oh yah, you're the side kick....I think you're called Hanger."
O.o Hanger?
Hanger?
"Why hanger?"
"Because you fight with hangers of course!" -the kind that you put clothes on and stick in  your closet.
O.o I shared a look with Kikay -totally feel jealous that she was soo much cooler then me.
But remembered when we were younger like 8 or so that we would fight together with hangers. (Totally a real memory apparently as Kikay confirmed we used to do that when we were younger when I told her about this dream.)
But anyway the guys were happy we were on their side because with us...we could win!

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment