Thursday, October 10, 2013

A Simple Declaration

A lonely young Persian student was in Munich, struggling to find meaning to life in postwar Europe.
He heard a knock at the door one day, and two Mormon missionaries stood before him.
He was not the least interested in religion.
The only thing that interested him about these two young men was their accent.
He had mastered four languages, but English was not one of them.

He invited them in, but as soon as they began their discussion, he cautioned, "I don't want to hear about God, nor how your religion got started. I only want to know one thing: what do you people do for one another."

He waited as the elders exchanged glances.
Finally, one of them said softly, "We love one another."

Nothing the missionary could have said would have been more electrifying than this simple utterance, for the Holy Ghost immediately bore witness that these missionaries were true servants of the Lord.
Shortly thereafter, he was baptized into the Church.

James E. Faust -What I Want My Son to Know before He Leaves on His Mission -April 1996 General Conference

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was in the backyard of my parents place. And I thought I heard my cat, Dove, meowing from the neighbor's yard. So I called for her, expecting either her or her newest kitten to show up, but it wasn't her. It was my dog Sadie She slipped under the fence with some encouragement of a guy and girl standing on the other side of it. She looked so weak and sick, poor thing. But she was super happy to see us, though she'd had some strokes that paralyzed her facial muscles so she couldn't move her face, but you could tell by her wagging tail that she was happy to see us. And the guy and girl...well the guy told me that since the girl had just proposed to him. (I thought I heard this wrong, but that's what he said) he couldn't take care of Sadie anymore. :( And so he was looking for someone who could, and I decided that she needed to have some medical treatment, so I was trying to figure out how to get her on a plane to get her some treatment.
(dream shift)
I was at school, trying to find some peace and quiet and there were these two little girls that were constantly following me and bugging me. So I took of running down the steps through passageways, and up random stairwells ending up in a out of the way gardening terrace on the roof. Only, I didn't stay there long because I heard something bad happen, and when I returned to where I'd last seen the two girls, one of them had gotten hurt because a car had hit her, and they were blaming me for the accident even though I had had nothing to do with it. I'd felt really bad. :( But they couldn't blame me from trying to get away from them.....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment