Friday, October 18, 2013

Creative Juices Drained Away

Do you ever have those moments when you have a nice happy plan in mind.
You're thinking cheerful thoughts.
In a pretty positive mood

And them WHAM.
Your day just gets dark and gloomy for a bit? Like a sudden storm blew up?

That happened to me at work today.
I was thinking oh so positively about an idea I wanted to work on writing during my last break of the day.
But then I decided to check out my schedule.
I looked at my name.
Looked at the days.

And...you guessed it.
Storm clouds overcame me.
I reeled back in shock.
They'd scheduled me during a class of mine!
When I'd told them not to do that!

I figured I would talk to the scheduler after my break,
but when I sat down to write...
All my creative juices. Gone.
I couldn't think,
couldn't bring up one concept I'd been working on in my head before I'd gone on break.
All my mind could laser in on, was the fact that I was scheduled to miss my class.
Not good. Because I'd already missed it this week due to work,
and to miss it again....
Not very good at all.

So I spent the last break of mine, worrying about how I was going to manage it all,
unable to write. Which was truly annoying.

Luckily I got it all sorted it out when I left work this afternoon so that I would be able to attend class.
But still...it's annoying.
I had to redo my time schedule to tell the new scheduling guy what times worked for me.
I had preferred times, and then times I could work.

And he also told me to write notes too on bits of info.

Well guess what?
HE DIDN'T READ THE NOTES!
(or he didn't remember to read the notes again, I was RIGHT THERE when he read through them when I handed it to him the first time!)

Oh no. He just looked at the times.
And I had written that I was available from opening to close.
Which I was. EXCEPT I'd written a note saying HEY! Don't SCHEDULE me during this PARTICULAR time. As I HAVE CLASS. AND I CAN'T MISS IT!

Grr. Totally annoying.
But, hopefully when he does the scheduling next week, we'll be able to shift things around so that it doesn't happen again for the rest of this semester.

*fingers crossed*

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

...involved a cat in some way....I can't remember the rest of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment