Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Loven the Pen and Paper

I may be coming obsessed...
with collecting notebooks to write in.
>.>
<.<

Why might I say that?
Because I bought another one today.
You know...because I felt like I needed a pick-me-up,
and there was this nice notebook on sale at B&N.

It's not like I have five other notebooks already crammed into my purse or anything. ^^;;
No I can totally fit one more in.
Surely my bag won't break doing that.
Right?

Now, any Sane person might be like "Why do you have FIVE notebooks in your purse?! Isn't one just enough?"

Oh no. No dear questioner. It isn't.

You see.
With how many ideas I have at a time,
I often have like two or three that I switch in between writing.
And do you know how annoying it is to only have like a page an a half of something written before a new inspiration strikes?
Do I just ignore said inspiration?
No!
So do I write the new inspiration exactly after the old one?
Sometimes!

But that's where the multiple notebooks come in.
That way, if I have more then one idea going at a time, and I still want to explore all three of those ideas without having to skip every third page to get back to it,
I can focus work on three ideas at once! Yay. :)
That doesn't mean some of my ideas make it past that three page mark.
But hey! I'm giving myself options right?

Kinda.
I have a set of notebooks for different things..

Notebook 1. Focuses entirely on one idea I had. It was the first idea that I kinda wrote out fully for the first time by myself (still working on the ending.) And I've saved it's remaining pages for expanding and exploring said story past the first draft.

Notebook 2. Again focuses entire on one idea that I want to expand out from a RP a friend and I did.

Notebook 3. Is for a variety of ideas.

Same with Notebook 4.

And Notebook 5...is mostly empty still, but it's going to be a 'variety of ideas' notebook.

So see, No problem here.

Notebooks 3-5 are for the new ideas that can pop up constantly.

While 1 and 2 are for the more focused stories of mine.

And why can't I just leave one or three home and out of my purse?
Because you never know when inspiration will strike!!
There have been days where I've switched between three or so notebooks just to get ideas written down or to rehash some old ones.
And who knows which notebook I'll pick up next!

lol.
But don't worry,
Notebook 6 isn't going to go into my purse (yet.)
I plan to keep it as a companion book to Notebook 2.
As I'm planning on going through some old drafts and such, and just make notes to help focus that complicated writing process as well as remind me on some scenes I may have forgotten that I need to include and such.

At least that's the plan for now. :)
....If it makes it into my bag. >.> <.<
Shh...don't tell anyone. lol.

On a kinda related note,
I also got to buy another journal today...because I've nearly filled another one.
And I've noticed recently that I manage to fill an entire personal journal (you know the one that records what I did that day.) like every 5 or 6 months.
Wow, I write a lot if I need to buy a new journal twice a year. O.o

So much so, that I have to become more picky on how thick the journals I buy are, because if I buy one that's too thin, I'm done with it in like three months.
Unfortunately a variety of journal designs are rather....lacking. :( So there went that idea (a long time ago) of having all my journals look different.) lol.
In any case. I'll be able to write in a new journal soon! Yay!! :D

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.

Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment