Sunday, October 27, 2013

Take One Please

I caught a guy stealing from our store.

Not literally, unfortunately. That would be super cool to actually catch a thief,
but no.
I caught him as in I saw him.

What happened?

Well I was walking around the store, towards the close of my shift,
and I saw this older gentleman with this little dog.

I asked him if he was alright, and noticed that he had a role of bags in his hand.
-at first I thought it was some portable waste bags, you know the kind that people carry around in little baggies when they take their dogs on walks outside. 
He said he was fine and continued walking, putting said bags into his pocket and quickly exited the store.
It hit me then, waaaaiiiitttttt a second.

I went and checked one of our clean up stations, yep, not as full as it had been earlier.

This guy had just stolen a bunch of our own little baggies meant to clean up messes around the store!

O.o
It's not like he was trying to steal any of our actual products (I think)
But why the baggies?
Maybe he needed them for my first thought -to clean up messes his dog makes.

But I just found it odd...I mean, didn't he realize that even though we provide those bags for our customers to clean up messes...that it's stealing to take more then one or two? I mean, think of all the customers who may not get a baggie.
It's nearly as bad as taking a whole handful of candy when the sign says to only take one!
(okay not really, those don't compare at all on horrible scale)
*shakes head*
I'm guessing he probably didn't realize it. He saw the bags, saw he didn't need to pay for them, and took a bunch.
*sighs* Oh well.
Maybe he had a huge mess in his car from his dog throwing up or something that he needed to clean up.
But I'll probably never know.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was up on the side of a hill, participating in some event as a representative of Starsmet. It was like the store was there, but travelmade. In any case, these girls came up to me and they wanted all sorts of fish and three bearded dragons. And while I was catching the fish and such, the girls decided to do some 'magic' they had a bunch of fireworks, and one girl had a magician's wand. One would light the fireworks, and the other would say some spell "Accio!" and the like, while dramatically pointing her wand. Right on cue the firework would go off in a burst of flame. This happened for a bit, until the girls saw a flock of seagulls at the bottom of the hill. They went down there and in the yellow field tossed out a white fish feeder looking thing. Where they began to try and convince one of the birds to eat it. Concerned I followed them down, I had to watch them to see if they would actually explode a bird or not. However, I didn't want to see the bird actually explode, so I kept turning my head away. Finally, the girls convinced a poor white goose to eat the white chunk. I turned away just as they exploded the goose. That settled it, they weren't getting any animals from me. I headed back up the hill at the same time they did, but further away from them. I could hear them complaining "Aww! it didn't leave a frozen goose behind!" (why would it?) "Come on let's go get our stuff once that girl gets up here." I had no intention of giving them any of there animals as I now had reasonable doubt that these animals would be treated well. They had just killed a goose for fun after all. What would they do with the fish or the bearded dragons? So I was planning on just how to tell them that I could refuse them a sale because from what I'd just seen I had reasonable doubt the animals would be safe... I returned to my station to see a huge line of people and a couple of guys helping them who had jumped in to cover me. I thanked them and went to the fish tank that had held the fish and bearded dragons, they were all there, though an Otocinclus fish had jumped out. I quickly rescued the pointy thing, and one of the guys (reminded me of the big blonde Viking guy from How to Train your Dragon) said another one had jumped out but had landed in between the wall and the cushioned restaurant seat. I pulled the seat away from the wall (the fish would start to smell if I didn't) and found another Oto, thankfully still alive. I put him back into the tank and firmly secured the lid (nearly squishing the bearded dragons that insisted on being on the edge of the tank.)...

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment