Wednesday, March 18, 2015

A Day In Review - March 18th

Saturday, March 18th 2006

-My family was on vacation on the East Coast -South Carolina/Virginia area, visiting some family friends who'd moved out there. This day Bri had to take his wife and their baby girl to the hospital because the baby wasn't doing well. Turns out she had a mild case of RSV and not pneumonia like they feared. While the mom and baby were there, the rest of us went to see Williamsburg, which I found a lot more interesting than Jamestown because we got to tour some original homes and see some replicas of houses (compared to foundation lines in the grass at Jamestown) After Mother and baby were brought back from the hospital all the younger kids were sent to bed while the rest of us stayed up to play Mahjongg.

Sunday, March 18th 2007 (Spring break of March)

-We went to Sedona Arizona for spring break. First time we've had a vacation in Arizona. I was surprised at how similar to Moab it all looks. There's tons of red rocks down there. But what struck me most is that none of the houses had lawns. They were just desert garden things. Kinda Freaky! We also visited my Great Grandma Maren because we hadn't seen her in a while, and saw a lot of Rock shops, as well as took a train ride to the Grand Canyon this week. Twas all fun. :)

Wednesday, March 18th 2009

-I was woken up this morning by a phone call, I missed it but called the number back and got an angry guy swearing at his kid while answer the phone on the other line. O.o Totally not what I wanted to hear in the morning, it was kinda a shock. Ended up being a wrong number. To wash it away from me I took a shower and hung out until Ali and I went to her physical therapy session. While there I got a call from my Mom saying that AT/UB had given them an early anniversary present. They had been smoke free for a month and a half. ^^ It was totally Exciting and I was overjoyed for them! They even said that when we came up to visit we could break all their ash trays. ^^
I got two other good pieces of news as well. My friend Jacob L got his mission call! He's going to be serving at the Church History Library in SLC. :)
And then I got a phone call from one of my friends since we were infants, Shane. He too had gotten his mission call! He's going to serve in Edmonton , Canada. Totally crazy to think I won't see him for 2 years, but I was over joyed that he chose to call me personally instead of me finding out some other way. ^^

Thursday, March 18th 2010

- I was wakened at 3 am this morning by my dog Sadie pacing like mad and whining. I went to let her out, but smelt skunk so didn't dare to let her or Pepper out before I could put my contacts in and check to make sure no skunks were lurking in the yard. Sadie ended up waking up the parents and Dad tried to help her out enough that she settled down for a bit. I hung out with Mom for the morning once I woke up again until about 1230, when we drove to the High School to grab the car Kikay had taken to school before we went to the Animal Care Center to have Sadie checked out. The plan had ben for me to stay with Sadie while mom went to the eye doctor, but I ended up going to the eye doctor with her while the Vet did a more in depth examination. I went to pick Kikay up from school while mom went to the Vet to grab Sadie. I spoke with a few of my old teachers there before we came home, arriving about the same time as my Mom. Turns out that Sadie has an Anal Infection and something had ruptured, but she's all better now. Hung out until Aunt G brought her dog over -my little shadow (as he never leaves your side) - to watch for the weekend. Kikay and I ended up going to Artic Circle after she got done at 'work' at a neighbor's home scanning pictures for Family History. The parents and Meralto went to a robotic dinner social thing. Lol Kikay's really popular there, she has all the staff there teasing her and offering her free things, and they have her order memorized. We even got Epic Curtsy cones! :) We did some food shopping before coming back home to relax for the evening.

Friday, March 18th 2011

-Slept in today and ended up seeing my friends Jess, Tay, and Terrel for about an hour as they were coming down to visit me, but got delayed due to work, but I had already had plans with Dan later in the evening. So I couldn't see them for long. :( Dan and I had a double date with my old roommate Ali and her husband Brad where we played games, had brownies and watched a movie. Ali seemed a bit snappy today and Brad was disliking the fact that she was winning the game right away, but otherwise we had a good time. :)

Sunday, March 18th 2012

- I actually slept through the night last night, I didn't wake up until a little after 10am. Yay! I did a bit of this and that until Kikay and I went to my friend Jess's ward for Church. I saw a bunch of my friends there. ^^ And ended up hanging out with Jess for a couple of hours afterwards as Kikay took the car back home after Sacrament. When I got back home myself the Dirchi Grandparents were visiting. :) I did find myself missing the LDSSA group (as I'd just gotten back from spending a week with them.) Kikay and I went through our movies deciding which ones we wanted to take back home, and managed to drive back safely through a snow storm in time to go to ward prayer. Kikay and I spent the rest of the evening playing Yugioh. Kikay is totally the better duelist. She won 3/4 times.

Monday, March 18th 2013

-Well...that was a bit different. I don't think I've done the bird bedding changes since before Christmas, so I felt a little rusty doing them this morning at work. I could have been done in two hours....but we ended up having a 25 minute morning meeting and then I delayed another hour doing a cat adoption. Bullet was adopted! :D I managed to finish birds before getting off my shift and went to lunch with Kikay at Zupas before I came home, took a nap, and then spent the rest of the evening looking up cars. -Kikay and I have been sharing a car, and it's getting to the point where we really each need our own so we're looking into options the two of us on cars to buy. (Kikay ended up buying a used car, I ended up buying the car that we were sharing from my parents.)

Tuesday, March 18th 2014

-It was weird at work today as there were three of us in the department this morning, which is crazy as I'm usually alone after 11 it seems like. But Reth, Me and Jocelyn were able to get a lot done! :D Though sadly Y_Y I found out today that Jocelyn put in her two weeks notice. (crazy to think she's been gone for a year now... how time flies) Which means petcare will be really thin on people if we don't get anyone hired in the meantime. It would put us down to only 5 people in the department. (It got worse than that late last year) In any case, after work I went and bought Frozen! :D I'm so excited for this movie. ^^ I've already watched it twice today. It's that good.

Wednesday, March 18th 2015

-I had work again this morning, and like I'd been doing for the past week or so, I had the greenie that came in work on the bedding changes. This time hamsters. I've had plenty of practice with them after all lol, and they could use the practice themselves so that they can work on getting faster. This particular greenie had only done the task once before, and I think with the help of another coworker, so it took longer for her to get things done than I would have liked, but I managed to get the rest of the department opened so it wasn't too big of a deal, though I would like her to move faster. Work passed pretty well, it was the usual tasking, then searching for tasks, and helping customers out. Helped a bit with unloading our truck as well. The only dark side of the work day was that one of my coworkers (who lives in the same apt complex as I do) Figured out that I live there too. Apparently he's seen my car there, so he's known for a while...but it's not glad news to hear, it's not a coworker I want to deal with. Now I'm wondering how long until he figures out which apartment is mine...I really hope it's never. I came home to find the Fix-It crew from yesterday (who cut holes in the ceilings and walls to access pipes to replace them) were back to patch the mess they made, which they did a rather good job of, and they even cleaned up after themselves which was nice, though it felt like they spent 3 straight hours vacuuming lol. Maybe I can set up my new TV in the next day or so once I'm sure they're not going to barge in and make a mess again. I hung out for most of the evening, critiquing a story of Kikay's and doing other tasks and watched The Flash and IZombie before heading over to the clubhouse to get a free lucky bamboo start and decorate it's vase with stones and such. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment