Friday, March 6, 2015

A Day In Review -March 6th

Sunday, March 6th 2005

-My Mom had been in the hospital for a few weeks at this point. And she'd just been moved from one hospital to another to do some more tests to figure out what was going on with her lungs.
Young me wasn't into giving detail at this point, but it turns out that somehow fluid had gotten between the lungs and the lining that protects the lungs, and some of it had hardened. Mom had to have multiple chest tubes put in to try and drain that fluid. During this time, Dad was basically in charge of raising us three kids, but got help from our ward/neighbors. They provided dinner for us nearly every night which was really appreciated and helpful. :)

Monday, March 6th 2006

-I got new glasses recently/ frames and everything, and I'm not liking them at all. I've been getting headaches, because the way the glasses sit have been creating a fishbowl effect for me where the walls wobble whenever I move my head. I've been told to wait a week to adjust, but I don't want to. (The way the glass is made in the particular frames I picked out was different from my original glasses, and they tried to keep the original curvature I think....so we had to fix it in order for me to wear them without getting the fish bowl effect.)
I'm also continuing working on driving lessons as well. I drove through my first yellow light the day before, and drove in the dark for the first time as well. It's also been snowing, which means the parents aren't as keen to let me drive. :(

Friday, March 6th 2009

-One of the girls in my ASL class brought cookies today just because it was Friday. My Anthropology class passed without incident. Had a meeting with my English teacher and he called the paper I was working on "Provocative." Had history and Institute Devotional. I went with Allison and Kristin to Ali's Physical Therapy. I grabbed dinner afterwards and waited for my friend Kailie to come down to visit as she's staying for the weekend. ^^ She's currently a senior in High School. So I gave her a tour of campus and we spent time chatting and watching movies. :) Also, tonight Ali's boyfriend Brad proposed to her at the SLC temple. ^^ Awww! My roomie is getting married! (Weird to think Kailie is now married with two kids. O.o. lol Ali is also married, she just has one kid.)

 Saturday, March 6th 2010

-I had a headache when I woke up today, either because I was woken up abruptly or I slept too late. In any case I went to the Eye Doctor with Kikay. My left eye has gotten slightly worse since I last came in. :( We met Mom and Meralto as we were leaving as Meralto had a eye appointment then. I had a date with Brandon B. He showed up fresh from giving plasma right about lunch time. We stayed at my place for a bit so that Meralto and Mom could come home so that they could meet him. After they came home, Brandon and I went bowling and I impressed him because my first turn I got a strike! We ended up playing two games and then we went to his home where I met his family. (so weird since this was like our second date. I don't think I had a third with him.) We watched an episode of Psych (I think he introduced me to the show.) before we grabbed food at subway and drinks at Keva Juice. We went back to his place and watched more Psych. After the episode I saw that it was 5pm (our date had started at noon) So I was ready for it to be over, but no he wanted to spend more time with me, so he ignored my wanting to go home signals (or just didn't see them.) We ended up talking on the couch for like another hour, and then asked if I wanted to go for a walk. We ended up going to a park nearby and played and goofed around there for a bit. (that lasted like half an hour to an hour) and we came back.....to his place to play a game. Gah! That lasted for another hour so it was 8pm and I reminded him at that point that I had to go shopping for food which FINALLY ended our date! If that hadn't worked I would have texted my mom (secretly) to send me a text in a few minutes to say I had to come home. He took my home and hugged me good night and we made plans for another date next Friday...( oh so I did do a third date? huh.) By the time it was all over (who does an 8 hour date?!?!?) I had a headache from the stress of it all. I went food shopping with Daddoo after telling the fam about my date. overall I liked it, but didn't like how long it lasted.

Sunday, March 6th 2011

-It was Stake Conference today, spent the day doing a whole lot of nothing afterwards then went to a CES fireside with L. Tom Perry. Dan came back from Arizona this night as well and I was 'seriously glad to see him' We ended up watching Batman Begins with my roommate Tasha and Dave.

Tuesday, March 6th 2012

-I woke up really wakeful at like 7am this morning, but instead of being productive and maybe trying to write, I dozed back off until my alarm went off. I walked to school. In my criminal justice class we went over a test. I got 88/90. Just missed one question. Had my two institute classes, then for my Publicity committee we had a meeting but mostly played Swedish twister. :) I won one of the rounds. ^^ Yay! Came home and at 6pm went on a date with a guy named Bryant (met him at the institute, he was on my committee for a bit.) to Noodles & Co. Didn't like the food there at all. And Bryant just talked the whole time again....which bugged me. I'd like to have a guy who wants me to talk as well....

Wednesday, March 6th 2013

-I dropped Kikay off at school and headed off to the other college where I spent time drawing and writing and of course waiting to see if Vocal Point would show up and sing -as they have a tendency to sing between classes right before or after their class is over. They did! It was great to hear them sing so close and in person. ^^ I even got a flier from one of the people McKay. Awww silently fangirling. I went with Kikay fencing that night, but spent the time writing until she got off work there, then we went to 7 peaks to join our ward there in ice skating. :) That was fun but rubbed my ankles a bit raw. :S

Thursday, March 6th 2014

-I spent the morning reading with a brief excursion outside to meet up with the parents as they were on their way to Las Vegas for a Nascar race. (Funny, they're in Vegas right now in 2015 too..) They were dropping off stuff for me to give to Kim (she was in class?) Then I went to work from 2pm-7pm, which was a surprisingly short shift (5hour shifts are short for me.) It was nice though as it allowed me more time for reading but too short as I wasn't able to get the tanks I was scheduled to clean done. :( I spent the last hour of my shift on the register because a coworker didn't show up. >.< ugh. Hate it when that happens.

Friday, March 6th 2015

-I had an early morning shift this morning at work, and my feet totally felt it today. (I had a 10hr shift yesterday) I had a new greenie coworker in this morning with me so I was able to teach them how to do our fish shipments, I think they'll catch on quickly. They already knew were most of the fish were which was awesome. ^^ The rest of the day went by slowly, there weren't many people in the store for my shift, though I jumped on register constantly enough to make it seem like it was more busy. I came home for a bit to relax, and then at 7:30 went with a friend Mirleki to the BYU Vocal Point Concert. ^^ Awesome! Totally awesome. The guys are amazing everytime. ^^ Seriously it's like a little bit of heaven. And it got even better. A couple of my Twitter friends had come to the concert as well, so I went back after dropping of Mirleki (who loved the concert too.) to finally meet them in person. ^^ Then, they took me to introduce me to members of the group and their director! ()_() oh man. It was awesome to actually finally speak to them. You have no idea. I've been to many a concert, but haven't ever been brave enough to stand in line to meet them and I was able to do that tonight! ^^ And since I got there later once the main line died down and tried to buy something for them to sign....I ended up getting a free poster. ^^ Awwww!! PLUS I got my picture taken with them!! ^^ Totally. The. Best. I'm still on a high from it. ^^

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment