Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Electronic Overload

On a spur of the moment,
I decided randomly after work
To drop by Best Buy.
Just to check things out.
See what was on sale, what wasn't. I had vague thoughts in my mind.

And the first thing that caught my eye as I walked in the door,
Was the fact that their TVs were on sale.
O.O
Like a lot on sale.
Not those "Save $20" "$50" things.
But like "Save $150" sort of things.

O.O
oooooo
I'm a sucker for a sale.
Especially good ones.

I mean...the TVs were still pricey.
But they were less pricey.
After all a $100 is a lot of money.

And they had some good ones on sale. Like a 40" and then, I noticed, a 46" flat screen for the same price.
As the bigger screen saved me more money, I was totally planning to get that one,
Until one of the guys in blue (or in this case, the door greeter in yellow) started talking to me about them.
And pointed out that the smaller TV was a SMART tv.
Meaning that it has the capabilities to connect to Wifi so you can watch shows from online on your tv screen.
()_()
Still.
My thoughts were bigger is better. Right?
After all....I don't have Netflix.
I don't have hulu.
I do have Youtube.
But...basically the SmartTV is useless to me.
For now.
But what if in the future...I actually started using those programs?
I left the floor displays to go look and see what other TVs were on sale.
And discovered many were on sale. Some for great prices, others with their 'itty bitty' discounts.

Which basically began to make my head spin.
I mean...
Sooo many TVs.
So many types.
So many sizes!
Gah!

So to clear my head, I headed over to the laptop section. Just to check out their smaller laptops as I've been on the look out for one that's on sale that's small enough to fit into my purse.
That way, I can write wherever I go without having to worry about a second bag weighing me down.

There'd been one in particular I'd been glancing at.
Waiting for like a month to go on sale.
And as I walked past.
A red sale sign caught my eye.
()_()
IT WAS ON SALE!
Of course...this little tablet computer wasn't the exact one I'd first liked. As this one ran on a Windows program, and the other one ran on Android.
But as I checked out this tablet on sale.
I saw that it had Microsoft.
Yes!
That had been my hesitation about buying the Android version.
I wanted to be able to write without having to be online.
And this windows one...looked to have it!
Sweet!
Plus.
IT was on Sale!
How could I resist?

I did.
I left the store.
I went home.
I searched and googled, and thought about it.
Talked to many a friend and family member about it...

As by this point, I wanted to get a brand new TV.
To replace the big bulky heavy hasn't been turned on in a year TV that I currently have.
But did I want to spend that much money on a new TV?
Should I not go with a Smart TV?
Should I go for bigger?

I already knew I was going to go back and buy the tabletlaptop that I wanted.
But did I want to spend more money.
Lots of money on a new TV?
I mean the two items together....I think the only time I've spent more money was when I did a deposit and first month's rent at a different apartment.
Seriously.
It was a lot.
Not that I couldn't afford it.
I could.
I had the money waiting.
As I'd been saving for just such a day.
Didn't think it would happen at the same time though.

Still, with more dithering the next day at work,
I went back to Best Buy after work.
To the same guy in yellow.
Asking him more questions.
And since he couldn't leave his door position,
He summoned another guy over...
Who acted like he totally didn't know anything about the TVs. Singularly unhelpful. I think he thought I wasn't going to be serious about buying or something.
But I was. I just wanted to know which TVs were better, which had better sound, better picture, could hook up to a DVD player...
And he...hardly gave me any answers.
So, I said I'd 'look around' some more.
And headed over to the laptop section, to again stare at the laptop I wanted.
But also, because I was hoping a worker would be there.
A friend of mine, who I trusted to give me true answers on products.
And so they did.
They explained it out to me, the whole TV thing, and we figured out which one I'd get.
The 40" smart TV.
After all...it couldn't hurt right? Who knows where I'll be in the future and Netflix...isn't that expensive from what I've heard.

So I did it.
I got myself a new TV and a new tablet laptop to write upon. ^^

YAY!!!
Haha. Talk about a Crazy St. Patrick's Day. :D

So far I'm loving my little laptop....heh...I've only turned it on to set it up so far as I've been busy with other matters to write. :(
But I love it's little size and great looks and can't wait to work with it!
(Though it's power cord is weird. O.o Looks like a phone charger. So not used to that.)

My TV on the other hand.....
I'm happy with my purchase...lol but I haven't set it up yet.
Why?
Because there have been people coming in and out of my apartment for the past couple of days, tearing holes in the walls and ceilings and replacing pipes, and I didn't want my brand new shiny TV to get damaged. *shudders*
That would be a quick return...good thing I got those warrantees....
In any case.
I have to wait, until I'm sure they're done....
And until I can get some guys to come over to my apartment to remove my old behemoth of a TV as it weighs a Ton and a Half for sure.

Hopefully soon. Soooon.
I'll be able to happily enjoy both. ^^

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment